Vanguard FAQ (frequently asked questions) provides answers to questions regarding Vanguard, fund accounts, and Vanguard Brokerage Services.
- 1 Vanguard--General FAQ
- 1.1 Why Vanguard?
- 1.2 Are my investments at Vanguard safe?
- 1.3 What are benefits of Voyager, Voyager Select and Flagship, and what counts toward reaching these $ limits?
- 1.4 Can I tell if a VG fund is going to have a distribution?
- 1.5 How can I view, link, manage, my spouse's Vanguard account via my own online access?
- 1.6 What fees does Vanguard charge, and how can I avoid them?
- 2 Vanguard Brokerage Services (VBS)
Vanguard is well known for its unique corporate structure, its low costs, and its disciplined investment management processes: These corporate characteristics are laid out in the following documents:
- Vanguard Overview
- Portfolio Manager Oversight Process
- Vanguard dominates Money's Magazine's Top 70
- Vanguard dominates Forbes Best Buy List
- Vanguard makes BusinessWeek's Customer Service Top 50 (link broken, award was for 2008)
Are my investments at Vanguard safe?
Vanguard safety considers fiduciary issues.
What are benefits of Voyager, Voyager Select and Flagship, and what counts toward reaching these $ limits?
- See how you qualify for enhanced services
- Voyager benefits
- Voyager Select benefits
- Flagship benefits
Can I tell if a VG fund is going to have a distribution?
Vanguard provides early announcements of quarterly and year end fund distributions on the website news center:
Fund distribution (search results), select "Estimated year-end distributions for Vanguard funds", or "Vanguard fund distributions" for a current list.
Visit the Legal and Tax Forms Page. For "view-only" access, complete the "Inquiry Access Only" form, in section "Grant access to your accounts". For full access, complete the "Agent Authorization" form, in section "Grant access to your accounts".
What fees does Vanguard charge, and how can I avoid them?
Vanguard Brokerage Services (VBS)
How does VBS compare to other brokerages?
What are the fees?
Can I buy bonds through VBS? What is the cost?