The Finance Buff
|The Finance Buff|
|Occupation||Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, Author|
|Notable work||Explore TIPS|
|Website||The Finance Buff|
The Finance Buff a.k.a. TFB is a pseudonym used by a blogger who writes a blog by the same name at thefinancebuff.com. He has been sharing his thoughts and experience about personal finance with online readers since 2006. Today, more than 50,000 people visit his blog in any month.
— from Editor review at Amazon
TFB joined the Bogleheads Forum in 2007 as its 5th registered user. He is the author of the chapter on defined benefit pension plans in Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning (John Wiley & Sons, 2009). He also regularly contributes to the Bogleheads.org forum and wiki.
TFB holds an MBA degree in Finance. He has a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
- Explore TIPS: A Practical Guide to Investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities ISBN 978-1449975906
- Chapter Five: Defined Benefit Employer Retirement Account in The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(16 May 2017)
- It takes a certain mentality to not seek out every opportunity. You don't have to venture outside the mainstream when mainstream already works well enough.
(09 May 2017)
- To be effective, late enrollment penalty on health insurance has to increase with the length of time and be permanent.
(02 May 2017)
- Losing the state income tax and property tax deductions isn't a big deal even for someone with a high income in a Blue State.
(25 April 2017)
- People aren't looking for the easiest way to file their taxes. They are looking for ways to pay the least amount.
(11 April 2017)
- Microsoft Money still works on Windows 10. You can make it import transactions in Quicken Web Connect format directly from the browser.
- Amazon editor review