The Finance Buff
|The Finance Buff|
|Occupation||Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, Author|
|Notable work||Explore TIPS|
|Website||The Finance Buff|
The Finance Buff a.k.a. TFB is a pseudonym used by a blogger who writes a blog by the same name at thefinancebuff.com. He has been sharing his thoughts and experience about personal finance with online readers since 2006. Today, more than 50,000 people visit his blog in any month.
— from Editor review at Amazon
TFB joined the Bogleheads Forum in 2007 as its 5th registered user. He is the author of the chapter on defined benefit pension plans in Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning (John Wiley & Sons, 2009). He also regularly contributes to the Bogleheads.org forum and wiki.
TFB holds an MBA degree in Finance. He has a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
- Explore TIPS: A Practical Guide to Investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities ISBN 978-1449975906
- Chapter Five: Defined Benefit Employer Retirement Account in The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(14 November 2017)
- The final answer on whether loan payments are savings or an expense.
(31 October 2017)
- A 401(a) plan allows additional contributions on top of 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans.
(24 October 2017)
- Three best HSA providers for those who invest the HSA money.
(17 October 2017)
- TD Ameritrade gutted its commission-free ETFs list for the worse. This also made several HSA programs not so great any more.
(05 October 2017)
- An interview with financial advisor Allan Roth on how he works under the hourly Advice-Only model.
- Amazon editor review