The Finance Buff
|The Finance Buff|
|Occupation||Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, Author|
|Notable work||Explore TIPS|
|Website||The Finance Buff|
The Finance Buff a.k.a. TFB is a pseudonym used by a blogger who writes a blog by the same name at thefinancebuff.com. He has been sharing his thoughts and experience about personal finance with online readers since 2006. Today, more than 50,000 people visit his blog in any month.
— from Editor review at Amazon
TFB joined the Bogleheads Forum in 2007 as its 5th registered user. He is the author of the chapter on defined benefit pension plans in Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning (John Wiley & Sons, 2009). He also regularly contributes to the Bogleheads.org forum and wiki.
TFB holds an MBA degree in Finance. He has a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
- Explore TIPS: A Practical Guide to Investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities ISBN 978-1449975906
- Chapter Five: Defined Benefit Employer Retirement Account in The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(21 September 2017)
- Explore the relationship between value and price.
(19 September 2017)
- A low Social Security COLA caused by low inflation is good for seniors.
(12 September 2017)
- Roth 401k makes it easy for people to fool themselves into contributing more.
(29 August 2017)
- Xfinity Mobile offers great prices for mobile phone service on Verizon network.
(22 August 2017)
- How I voted on the Vanguard 2017 proxy proposals.
- Amazon editor review