The Finance Buff
|The Finance Buff|
|Occupation||Certified Employee Benefits Specialist, Author|
|Notable work||Explore TIPS|
|Website||The Finance Buff|
The Finance Buff a.k.a. TFB is a pseudonym used by a blogger who writes a blog by the same name at thefinancebuff.com. He has been sharing his thoughts and experience about personal finance with online readers since 2006. Today, more than 50,000 people visit his blog in any month.
— from Editor review at Amazon
TFB joined the Bogleheads Forum in 2007 as its 5th registered user. He is the author of the chapter on defined benefit pension plans in Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning (John Wiley & Sons, 2009). He also regularly contributes to the Bogleheads.org forum and wiki.
TFB holds an MBA degree in Finance. He has a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.
- Explore TIPS: A Practical Guide to Investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities ISBN 978-1449975906
- Chapter Five: Defined Benefit Employer Retirement Account in The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(30 August 2016)
- You can be more financially successful by working for someone else than having your own business.
(23 August 2016)
- How to transfer your HSA to Saturna Brokerage Services for low cost investing.
(16 August 2016)
- 2017 contribution and income limits for 401k, 403b, 457, SIMPLE, and Traditional and Roth IRA.
(09 August 2016)
- It's not hard to transfer part of your IRA from a mutual fund company to a credit union to buy CDs.
(02 August 2016)
- Just a high deductible isn't enough. Health insurance plans must meet other criteria to become HSA-eligible.
- Amazon editor review