Taylor Larimore is a bogleheads.org reading list author.
Taylor Larimore, CCL, was dubbed by MONEY magazine as "The Dean of the Vanguard Diehards." Jack Bogle calls Taylor "King of the Bogleheads." Taylor is remarkably well informed after having spent most of his 96 years in the real world of finance and investments.
A graduate of the University of Miami School of Business Administration, Taylor served as a World War II paratrooper in the 101st Airborne Division during the Battle of the Bulge, earning 5 combat decorations. An avid sailing enthusiast, Taylor was named the American Sailing Association's "Instructor of the Year."
Throughout his career, Taylor worked as a life insurance underwriter, revenue officer for the Internal Revenue Service, Chief of the Financial Division for the Small Business Administration in South Florida, and Director of the Dade County Housing Finance Authority.
In 1986 Taylor became inspired when reading about the life and teachings of Jack Bogle. Combining his financial experience with Mr. Bogle's research and advice, Taylor and his wife of 62 years, Pat (deceased), have seen their portfolio improve dramatically. Taylor now spends his time sailing and helping others discover "the Boglehead way" on the Boglehead forums.— (From page 293 of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing)
Along with Jack Bogle, Mel Lindauer and Laura Dogu, Taylor was honored by being selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in the magazine's March 2012 issue: Champions of the small investor
In a public ceremony, the mayor of The City of Miami named March 31, 2015, “Taylor C. Larimore and John H. Moynahan Day for their military service and support of Miami’s youth sailing programs.”
Taylor was named the first member of the Bogleheads Hall of Fame at the 2022 Bogleheads Conference in Chicago.
Taylor Larimore has authored, co-authored, and edited three books in the Bogleheads Guides series:
- The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing ISBN 978-0471730330
- The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
- The Bogleheads' Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio ISBN 978-1-119-48733-3
Taylor Larimore has contributed three posts to the forum blog:
- Taylor Larimore: Three fund portfolio, Financial Page, 07/31/ 2014.
- The Depression bear market, Financial Page, 01/25/2017.
- Letter of Final Instructions, Financial Page, 03/20/2018.
Every year, beginning in 2001, Taylor Larimore has run the annual Bogleheads® contest. The contest is designed to show the difficulty of forecasting stock prices.
In 2003, Boglehead Ralph Arvesen, a professional photographer, automated the Contest so that contestants can check their standings every 15 minutes.
From 2001 through 2012, the contest was run in the Morningstar forum. In 2013, the contest switched to the Bogleheads forum, where it was hosted by Taylor Larimore through 2020. In 2021, contest management was transferred to Boglehead Ralph Arvesen.
- ↑ Bogleheads forum topic: "Official Registration For The 2021 Boglehead Contest", rarvesen. Jan 01, 2021
- Interview with Taylor Larimore, author of The Bogleheads Guide to the Three-Fund Portfolio, Financial Page interview, 02/21/2018.
- Interview with Taylor Larimore: Taylor's investment journey, Financial Page interview, 06/15/2018.