Why was Two-fund portfolio directed to Three-fund portfolio, as it seems counter-intuitive that someone searching for 2-funds be directed to 3-funds. Would you like the Two-fund portfolio page deleted? Any wiki admin reading this comment can do that for you.
- It was intentional, right or wrong. I wasn't sure what to do about the special case of a portfolio consisting of Total World and Total Bond. My theory is that whenever I write an article, I try to think of every possible term a user could possibly use if they were looking for the information in the article and add redirects for all. If I were serious about this, I'd add "3-fund portfolio" and "3 fund portfolio" and "Three fund portfolio" and I might do that when I get a Round Tuit. I think the largest number of redirects I ever used on Wikipedia was for the article on Alexander P. de Seversky, aka Alexander de Seversky, Alexander De Seversky, Alexander P. De Seversky, Alexander DeSeversky, Alexander P. DeSeversky, Alexander Prokofieff de Seversky, Alexander Procofieff De Seversky, and a whole lot more. Nisiprius 21:02, 7 November 2010 (EST)
- I didn't know about the "Lazy Portfolio" genre and until it came up in discussion I didn't realize Bill Schultheis had promulgated a 3-fund portfolio as well as his "Coffeehouse portfolio." Nisiprius 21:02, 7 November 2010 (EST)
I'm trying a new footer. The wording is more aligned to YouTube and Wikinvest's method of embedding a text box. As no one except wiki editors use the existing footer, I'm hoping this is more useful (and visible). I can also try forcing it to the top-right of the page. --LadyGeek 15:38, 7 November 2010 (EST)
- I like the new footer, as it is cleaner, and a more economic use of space --Blbarnitz 15:43, 7 November 2010 (EST)
As Vanguard FTSE All World Ex US ETF (VEU) has been replaced by Vanguard Total International ETF (VXUS), I'm not sure on the relevance of the footnote reference to Vanguard International ETFs. Also, if this referenced page should be updated. --LadyGeek 15:16, 11 August 2012 (CDT)
- Move quote box to current image location
- Add gallery of sample allocations
Reader feedback: For Fidelity, you should inc...
For Fidelity, you should include the lower cost Advisor class funds available. I bought the funds listed on this page. Fortunately a month later, Fidelity sent me notices that they were converting them to the lower cost funds and did so automatically as an exchange, which I thought was nice of them. But I should have bought them originally.
FSGDX - SPARTAN GLOBAL EX US INDEX FID ADV CL FSITX - SPARTAN US BOND INDX FIDELITY ADV CLASSFSTVX - SPRTN TOTAL MKT INDX FID ADVANTAGE CLAS
Any thoughts?--Blbarnitz 12:03, 24 February 2016 (EST)
Blbarnitz 12:03, 24 February 2016 (EST)
- Added. Cwenger 12:15, 24 February 2016 (EST)
Reader feedback: The SPDR Dow Jones Total Mar...
The SPDR Dow Jones Total Market ETF (TMW) was discontinued several years ago. Perhaps the SPDR Russell 3000 ETF (THRK) would be appropriate to replace the TMW entry in the 3-fund State Street portfolio?
That is the correct replacement, I have updated the page. Source: New ETF Benchmark Changes from SSGA..., State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) press release, July 9, 2013.
LadyGeek 20:35, 23 July 2017 (EDT)