I am planning to update this article, as there are a number of forum threads referring to hedge funds. The article needs more content, as well as some recommendations. Some ideas:
- Understanding Alternative Investments: A Primer on Hedge Fund Evaluation by Christopher B. Philips, Vanguard Investment Counseling & Research (2006), page 8:
To avoid registering under the Securities Act of 1933 or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, hedge funds typically comply with either section 3(c)(1) or 3(c)(7) of the Investment Company Act of 1940 (see Table 1).
Forum discussions for reference:
- Why would anyone buy hedge funds?
- Why do people invest in hedge funds?
- How do hedge funds obtain high leverage?
- explaining hedge fund returns
- The way to predict hedge fund returns
- Do Hedge Funds’ Exposures to Risk Factors Predict Their Future Returns?, Balia, Brown, and Caglayan, Baruch College, October 2010.
--LadyGeek 19:31, 17 December 2011 (CST)