Photo by Paul (sddiehard)
|Alma mater||Walsh College|
|Occupation||Retired founder of Portfolio Solutions, LLC, a registered investment adviser (RIA)|
All About Asset Allocation, |
The Power of Passive Investing
Rick Ferri is a Bogleheads® reading list author.
My career in the investment adviser industry offers a remarkable history of empowering people to achieve ambitious goals with passive investments. I built a global reputation as a subject matter expert on index funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and asset allocation. These skills were used to build and maintain portfolios for high net worth individuals, non-profit organizations and small pension funds.
From 1999 through 2016, I was a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) at a firm I founded and grew to a large size. Prior to that, I gained 10 years experience as an adviser in the brokerage industry where I was an early adopter of index funds and ETFs.
I became a respected champion for low fee investing in the RIA industry and other advisers followed. Dedicated to sharing best practices while leveraging in-depth knowledge of markets, strategies, and portfolio growth techniques, I spent many years teaching other advisers so they could achieve their maximum professional potential.
A few notable achievements include:
- I hold a Master of Science in Finance from Walsh College and I’m a CFA charterholder.
- I have authored 6 books and hundreds of articles on investing. A portion of all royalties earned go to veterans causes.
- Became a respected Forbes.com and Wall Street Journal columnist, I gained thousands of loyal public and industry followers across multiple media outlets.
- My research attracted the attention of top investment firms, one recent co-authored white paper won the S&P Dow Jones Indices' 3rd Annual SPIVA Award for best paper.
- I established the nation’s 1st low-fee Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm and grew client assets to over $1.4 billion.
- Humbly retired as an investment adviser in 2016 after 27 years of service. Now I spend my time traveling and writing. Thank you all!
— Rick Ferri
- All About Index Funds: The Easy Way to Get Started (Google books or Amazon.com)
- All About Asset Allocation (Google books or Amazon.com)
- Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning, Rick Ferri is a co-editor of this Bogleheads community-authored book (Google books, ISBN 978047045557-9, or Amazon.com)
- The ETF Book: All You Need to Know About Exchange-Traded Funds (Google books or Amazon.com)
- The Power of Passive Investing: More Wealth with Less Work (ISBN 978-0470592205 or Amazon.com)
- Protecting Your Wealth In Good Times and Bad (Google books (temporarily out of print) or Amazon.com Kindle)
- Serious Money: Straight Talk about Investing for Retirement (free on-line)
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
Rick Ferri discusses his book, The Power of Passive Investing, with Morningstar.
|Ferri: The Power of Passive Investing|