Photo by Paul (sddiehard)
|Alma mater||Walsh College|
|Occupation||Retired founder of a registered investment adviser (RIA) firm|
|All About Asset Allocation, |
The Power of Passive Investing
Rick Ferri is a Bogleheads® reading list author.
My career in the investment adviser industry offers a remarkable history of empowering people to achieve ambitious goals with passive investments. In 1999, I founded a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm. Prior to that, I gained 10 years of experience as an adviser in the brokerage industry where I was an early adopter of index funds and ETFs. I became a champion for low fee investing in the RIA industry. Dedicated to sharing best practices while leveraging in depth knowledge of markets, strategies, and portfolio growth techniques.
A few notable achievements include:
- I hold a Master of Science in Finance from Walsh College and I'm a CFA Charterholder.
- I have authored 6 books and hundreds of articles on investing.
- Became a Forbes.com and Wall Street Journal columnist.
- Coauthored a white paper that won the S&P Dow Jones Indices' 3rd Annual SPIVA Award for a research report.
Now I spend my time traveling and writing. Thank you all!
— Rick Ferri
- All About Index Funds: The Easy Way to Get Started (Google books or Amazon.com)
- All About Asset Allocation (Amazon.com)
- Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning, Rick Ferri is a co-editor of this Bogleheads community-authored book (Google books, ISBN 978047045557-9, or Amazon.com)
- The ETF Book: All You Need to Know About Exchange-Traded Funds (Google books or Amazon.com)
- The Power of Passive Investing: More Wealth with Less Work (ISBN 978-0470592205 or Amazon.com)
- Protecting Your Wealth In Good Times and Bad (Google books (temporarily out of print) or Amazon.com Kindle)
- Serious Money: Straight Talk about Investing for Retirement (Free download)
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(24 July 2021)
Lisa Bragança, JD, MBA, is a former Branch Chief in the Division of Enforcement of the Chicago Office of the Securities & Exchange Comm...
(26 June 2021)
Ron Lieber is an award-winning New York Times “Your Money” columnist and the author of a new book, “The Price You Pay for College: An Entirely New Roadma...
(28 May 2021)
Jason Hsu, Ph.D., is one of the world’s top thought leaders on factor investing and the co-creator of the fundamental indexing™ methodol...
(02 May 2021)
Jeff Ptak, CFA, is the global head of manager research at Morningstar Research Services, LLC, and past president & chief in...
(04 April 2021)
Talking taxes with Phil Demuth, Ph.D. Phil is a Managing Director at Conservative Wealth Management, LLC, and the author of nine personal financ...
Rick Ferri discusses his book, The Power of Passive Investing, with Morningstar.
The discussion on Morningstar: The Power of Passive Investing
- Bogleheads® forum topic: , Rick Ferri. Apr 14, 2019