|Alma mater||Walsh College|
|Occupation||Retired founder of a registered investment adviser (RIA) firm|
|All About Asset Allocation, |
The Power of Passive Investing
Rick Ferri is a bogleheads.org reading list author.
My career in the investment adviser industry offers a remarkable history of empowering people to achieve ambitious goals with passive investments. In 1999, I founded a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm. Prior to that, I gained 10 years of experience as an adviser in the brokerage industry where I was an early adopter of index funds and ETFs. I became a champion for low fee investing in the RIA industry. Dedicated to sharing best practices while leveraging in depth knowledge of markets, strategies, and portfolio growth techniques.
A few notable achievements include:
- I hold a Master of Science in Finance from Walsh College and I'm a CFA Charterholder.
- I have authored 6 books and hundreds of articles on investing.
- Became a Forbes.com and Wall Street Journal columnist.
- Coauthored a white paper that won the S&P Dow Jones Indices' 3rd Annual SPIVA Award for a research report.
Now I spend my time traveling and writing. Thank you all!— Rick Ferri
- All About Index Funds: The Easy Way to Get Started. January 12, 2007. ISBN 978-0-07-148492-3.
- All About Asset Allocation. July 12, 2010. ISBN 978-0-07-170078-8.
- Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning. October 5, 2009. ISBN 978-0-470-45557-9. Rick Ferri is a co-editor of this Bogleheads community-authored book.
- The ETF Book: All You Need to Know About Exchange-Traded Funds. December 4, 2007. ISBN 978-0-470-13063-6.
- The Power of Passive Investing: More Wealth with Less Work. December 7, 2010. ISBN 978-0-470-59220-5.
- Protecting Your Wealth In Good Times and Bad. April 18, 2003. ISBN 978-0-07-140817-2.
- Serious Money: Straight Talk about Investing for Retirement (Free download)
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(24 November 2023)
Victor Haghani and James White are co-authors of "The Missing Billionaires, A Guide to Better Financial Decisions." Victor is also the founder and CIO of Elm Wealth and David is the CEO, where t...
(29 October 2023)
Dr. William (Bill) Bernstein is a retired neurologist, author, investment adviser, and financial historian. His research is in the field of modern...
(25 September 2023)
Steven Chen is the founder of NewRetirement, a do-it-yourself tool for retirement planning. Prior to founding NewRetirement, Stephen founded venture-backed companies in education and financial s...
(28 August 2023)
Cody Garrett is an advice-only financial planner passionate about helping families refine their path to financial...
(24 July 2023)
Jonathan Clements is the founder and editor of HumbleDollar. He’s also the author of a fistful of personal finance books, including My Money Journey and How to Think About Money, and he sits on...
Rick Ferri discusses his book, The Power of Passive Investing, with Morningstar.
The discussion on Morningstar: The Power of Passive Investing
- Bogleheads forum topic: , Rick Ferri. Apr 14, 2019