|Alma mater||York University|
Associate Finance professor (tenured)
|Employer||Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto|
|Known for||Wealth management, financial risk management|
Moshe Milevsky is the Executive Director of The IFID (Individual Finance and Insurance Decisions) Centre and is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, Canada. He has lectured in the joint Kellogg/Schulich EMBA program, as well as at the University of Leuven in Belgium and ORT University in Uruguay.
Milevsky's expertise is on the interplay between financial risk management and personal wealth management. In addition to teaching he also works as a consultant for a variety of financial services companies and pension funds. He has been interviewed by Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Barron's, Fortune and Money Magazine. Milevsky has published over 40 scholarly research articles, is the founding co-editor of the Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, and is the author of the 1999 Canadian best seller Money Logic: Financial Strategies for the Smart Investor (Stoddart Press). In 2003, a series of articles he wrote for the National Post Business were honoured with National Magazine Awards.
|2008||Kenneth Black Jr. Award||A Gentle Introduction to the Calculus of Sustainable Income: What Is Your Retirement RisQuotient?|
|2006||Graham and Dodd Scroll||Human Capital, Asset Allocation and Life Insurance|
|2000||Canadian Institute of Actuaries||The Titanic Option: Valuation of the Guaranteed Minimum Death Benefit in Variable Annuities and Mutual Funds|
Milevsky is the author of the following books, written for a general audience.
- Milevsky, Moshe A. (2015). King William's Tontine: Why the Retirement Annuity of the Future should Resurrect its Past. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-110-707612-9.
- Milevsky, Moshe; Alexandra Macqueen (2015). Pensionize Your Nest Egg: How to Use Product Allocation to Create a Guaranteed Income for Life. Mississauga, Ontario: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-470-68099-7.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2012). The 7 Most Important Equations for Your Retirement: ...and the Stories Behind Them. Mississauga, Ontario: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1118291535.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2010). Your Money Milestones: A Guide to Making the 9 Most Important Financial Decisions of Your Life. Upper Saddle River: FT Press. ISBN 0-13-702910-1.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2008). Are You a Stock or a Bond?: Create Your Own Pension Plan for a Secure Financial Future. Upper Saddle River: FT Press. ISBN 978-0133115291.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2006). The Calculus of Retirement Income: Financial Models for Pension Annuities and Life Insurance. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-84258-1.
- Milevsky, Moshe; Michael Posner (1999). Money Logic: Financial Strategies for the Serious Investor. Toronto: Stoddart. ISBN 0-7737-3171-7.
- "Kenneth Black, Jr., Journal Author Award Program". http://www.financialpro.org/foundation/awards/blackawards.htm.
- "Graham and Dodd Award Winners". http://www.cfapubs.org/page/faj/all-graham-dodd-winners. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Milevsky, Moshe A. (2007). A Gentle Introduction to the Calculus of Sustainable Income: What Is Your Retirement RisQuotient?. Journal of Financial Service Professionals: Society of Financial Service Professionals. https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=crgacecAAAAJ&cstart=20&pagesize=80&sortby=pubdate&citation_for_view=crgacecAAAAJ:abG-DnoFyZgC.
- Chen, Peng; Ibbotson, Roger G; Milevsky, Moshe A.; Zhu, Kevin X.C (2006). Human Capital, Asset Allocation and Life Insurance. Financial Analysts Journal: CFA Institute. pp. 97-109. https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=crgacecAAAAJ&cstart=20&pagesize=80&sortby=pubdate&citation_for_view=crgacecAAAAJ:LkGwnXOMwfcC.
- Milevsky, Moshe A.; Posner, Steven E. (2001). The Titanic Option: Valuation of the Guaranteed Minimum Death Benefit in Variable Annuities and Mutual Funds. Journal of Risk and Insurance: American Risk and Insurance Association. pp. 93-128. https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=crgacecAAAAJ&cstart=120&pagesize=100&sortby=pubdate&citation_for_view=crgacecAAAAJ:2osOgNQ5qMEC.
- Moshe Arye Milevsky, academic profile.
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- IFID Working Papers
- Google Scholars page
- SSRN Author Page
- Retirement: Win the game of risk, from CNNMoney.com.