|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(14 October 2019)
- In the last couple of weeks several readers have requested that I discuss Vanguard’s upcoming Digital Advisor program. So far, we don’t really have any information other than what is in...
(04 October 2019)
- There are plenty of ways to evaluate a retirement plan. (For instance, here’s a paper from Wade Pfau, Joe Tomlinson, and Steve Vernon discussing 8 different metrics for evaluating retirement...
(30 September 2019)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I’m in the not-quite-retired-but-probably-could-afford-to-if-I-wanted-to stage of my career. I am pondering many options, including cold-turkey retirement,...
(20 September 2019)
- From time to time I receive emails from people using the Open Social Security calculator who want to know: why is it giving me a different answer than it gave me last time I ran it? The answer (unl...
(16 September 2019)
- I thought I’d do something different with today’s article. Below are a few questions — from different readers — about various aspects of reinvesting dividends. None of them...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog