|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(24 February 2017)
- While it’s true that many financial advisors give advice that’s questionable at best, there are also many financial planners out there who do great work for their clients. Unfortunately...
(20 February 2017)
- While reading Wade Pfau’s recent paper “Retirement Income Showdown: Risk Pooling Versus Risk Premium,” I came across a topic I wanted to share with you. (For reference, this is n...
(17 February 2017)
- There are a handful of tax-planning topics that get quite a bit of coverage (e.g., Roth conversions, whether to contribute to Roth or tax-deferred accounts, backdoor Roth strategies). Morningstar&...
(13 February 2017)
- I was recently asked to share my thoughts on how to spend from a portfolio in retirement. In my view (without getting into the topic of whether part of the portfolio should be annuitized) there are...
(10 February 2017)
- With the GOP now in control of the executive and legislative branches, the Department of Labor “fiduciary rule” is in peril of being eliminated before it goes into effect. This week Mi...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog