|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(12 February 2016)
- People like to talk about the “active vs. passive” debate in investing. But for several years now, there really hasn’t been much of a debate. Most investors prefer to use low-cost...
(08 February 2016)
- Fear is a powerful sales tool. A sales technique that I’ve seen more and more of recently is the exploitation of a person’s political views in order to instill fear and, ultimately, s...
(05 February 2016)
- I’ve written before that I think too few people annuitize their savings. Or, said differently, I think many people would benefit from exchanging a portion of their liquid assets for a guarant...
(01 February 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “My divorce was finalized a few weeks ago, and I am supposed to receive a portion of my ex-husband’s IRA and 401k. Are there any specific rules to follow as...
(29 January 2016)
- This week, I enjoyed two articles that each take a look at how long bear markets tend to last. For me, the biggest takeaway is that there’s a lot of variation. Just because a market decline...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog