|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(30 September 2016)
- I’ve spent the last few days at the annual Bogleheads conference in Philadelphia. As always, it’s been fantastic. There’s no other place where I get to meet and chat with so many...
(26 September 2016)
- A reader writes in (in reply to last week’s article about calculating the after-tax interest rate on a mortgage), asking: “I get that the point of calculating an after-tax interest ra...
(23 September 2016)
- In retirement planning, a common strategy is to try to determine a level of annual spending such that you can spend at approximately that same level (adjusted for inflation) for the rest of your li...
(19 September 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I’m in the process of buying my first home, and I keep reading about how I need to know the after tax interest rate on my mortgage. Does that just depend on...
(16 September 2016)
- Earlier this year, an article for the Journal of Financial Planning made a claim that index funds are not as great as we’ve been led to believe, because 80% of actively managed funds outpe...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog