|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(22 September 2017)
- It’s been two weeks since the announcement of the Equifax data breach, and people are still scrambling to take the appropriate protective actions. Personally, I hope we see some regulatory c...
(18 September 2017)
- After last week’s article about retirement spending strategies, several readers wrote in with questions about the interaction between required minimum distributions (RMDs) and such strategie...
(15 September 2017)
- The big personal finance news of the last week has been the Equifax security breach, affecting as many as 143 million people. To put that number in perspective, there are approximately 249 million...
(11 September 2017)
- Brief administrative note: to everybody who found this site via last week’s mention in the WSJ, welcome! I hope you find the articles helpful. If you ever have any topics you’d like to...
(08 September 2017)
- This week Morningstar’s John Rekenthaler addresses one of the most common investing questions: what’s the right amount of international diversification? As Rekenthaler explains, the mos...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog