|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(16 January 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I read over and over that it’s ideal to wait until 70 to file for social security but that it’s important to wait until at least full retirement age....
(13 January 2017)
- Retirement can last quite a long time. And, as Dirk Cotton points out this week, the risks facing you and strategies available to you are different from one stage of retirement to another. And it w...
(09 January 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I recently saw an article that said that forex trading was invented to be a risk reduction tool. The nature of the rest of the article gave me the impression tha...
(06 January 2017)
- There’s a general consensus that, when it comes to funding retirement, we have a problem — some say an impending crisis, even. In short, most people aren’t saving enough money. Th...
(02 January 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I am a retired government employee, and I receive a pension to the tune of roughly $50,000 annually. I have a relatively low risk portfolio; it is a mix of stuff...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog