|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(02 May 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I have read that a Roth conversion is a good idea if I am currently in a lower tax bracket than the tax bracket I will be in during retirement. But real life ap...
(29 April 2016)
- After today, the world of Social Security will be slightly less complicated, as there will be one less strategy for retirees to consider. (Also, just FYI, I will be traveling today, so if you are l...
(25 April 2016)
- One thing I see over and over (both in emails from readers and in discussions on the Bogleheads forum) is that people don’t know what information they need to provide in order to get assistan...
(22 April 2016)
- Again, I apologize for the erratic behavior of my article-to-email delivery system (Google’s Feedburner) this week. After nearly 8 years of working without problems, it has decided to start...
(18 April 2016)
- Housekeeping note: My apologies for the erroneous email that went out on Monday. This is the article that should have appeared in the email. I’m in the process of trying to figure out why an...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog