|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
|Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(23 July 2021)
- This week Jim Dahle did a great job answering the question of which bond fund you should use in a portfolio. Perhaps my favorite thing about the article though is the introduction, in which he make...
(19 July 2021)
- Mike’s note: In talking to people about Roth conversions, it has become clear to me that people have a lot of misunderstandings about the general rules for Roth IRA distributions. So today...
(09 July 2021)
- Long-term care is one of the trickiest topics in financial planning. The potential costs are quite high, yet the available insurance products leave something to be desired. Three researchers with t...
(05 July 2021)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Can you describe exactly the steps you would take to determine whether a Roth conversion makes sense? I understand conceptually that they are advantageous when yo...
(25 June 2021)
- As I’ve written before, I’m not especially enthusiastic about socially responsible funds (a.k.a. SRI or ESG funds) in their most common form. It has always seemed to me that, if I wante...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog