Mike Piper: Mike is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(23 November 2015)
- A reader writes in, asking: “How much employer stock does it typically make sense to hold in one’s portfolio?” From a financial planning standpoint, the ideal amount of employer...
(20 November 2015)
- The financial services industry has a million and one ways to rip you off. But Madoff-style outright frauds are relatively rare. Most of the time, the industry tries to take advantage of you in way...
(16 November 2015)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I recently learned that Vanguard opened a muni bond index fund for the first time. What are your thoughts on it? Is it a better choice than the existing intermedi...
(13 November 2015)
- I recently purchased a Kindle copy of Jason Zweig’s new book The Devil’s Financial Dictionary, and I must say that I’m really enjoying it. I read a lot of books about various pers...
(09 November 2015)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Do you think that the decision of when to claim Social Security can be simplified down into some sort of decision tree? (Spouse or not? Difference in ages? PIA f...
- Oblivious Investor blog