|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(16 July 2018)
- A reader writes in, asking: “How can you measure, and verify, a financial adviser’s performance for the sake of comparing one prospective adviser to another?” While this is a comm...
(06 July 2018)
- Taylor Larimore — nonagenarian, World War II vet, and co-author of the Bogleheads’ Guide books — recently released a new book: The Bogleheads’ Guide to the Three-Fund Portfo...
(02 July 2018)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I’ve been reading about the safety first school of retirement planning because I think that appeals to me more than the probability method of just spending...
(22 June 2018)
- A recent study from the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia looked at the effect of (small-to-medium-size) lottery winnings on the neighbors of the winners. They found that, on average, neighbors...
(18 June 2018)
- Today I just wanted to give you a quick heads-up about some updates to the Open Social Security calculator, as well as address a question many people have asked about it. I promise we’ll disc...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog