|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(07 August 2020)
- This week Barry Ritholtz tackled the question of why the stock market is doing reasonably well when the economy, clearly, is not. One critical point, as we discussed recently, is that the stock mar...
(03 August 2020)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I think there is more to deciding when to file for SS income than just the maximum benefit. I plan to coordinate SS with regular IRA, Roth IRA, and portfolio inco...
(24 July 2020)
- Just a quick announcement today. The 2020 editions of three of my books were released this week. You can find them at the links below: Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor Taxes; LLC vs. S-Corp...
(20 July 2020)
- A reader writes in, asking: “What do you think about using a Roth IRA for a home down payment?” This is a topic that generates endless disagreement, in part because when somebody asks t...
(10 July 2020)
- Just a quick note about the Open Social Security calculator: it now offers an option to save your inputs. There’s a link at the bottom of the page. Right-click that link and save the URL. Whe...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog