|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(24 March 2017)
- The goal of investing during the accumulation stage is simple: get your portfolio to grow as fast as possible, without exceeding your risk tolerance along the way. And there’s now pretty str...
(20 March 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I noticed that iShares seems to have a platform of 4 ‘core allocation’ funds, e.g. AOM, AOK, AOR, AOA. I’m curious if you feel these are comp...
(17 March 2017)
- For many years, people in the financial industry have referred to DALBAR’s “Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior” studies to show that investors dramatically underperform th...
(13 March 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I work in a job where I do not pay social security taxes. I heard second hand through a coworker that our HR department says we’ll be affected by social se...
(10 March 2017)
- One thing I’ve observed over the 9 years I’ve spent writing this blog is that it’s super rare for financial advisors to really embrace simple, passive investing. Overwhelmingly th...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog