|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(02 December 2016)
- I know that many Oblivious Investor readers are currently in (or are planning for) semi-retirement. That is, rather than going from full-time work to no work at all, they’ve transitioned to p...
(28 November 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “At what level of money does passive investing make the most sense? Is there a ‘sweet spot’ so to speak in terms of portfolio size or income? How would...
(25 November 2016)
- I hope you all (or those of you in the U.S., at least) got the chance to enjoy your holiday with friends and/or family this week. As I’ve said for many years, being able to do this work for a...
(21 November 2016)
- Every year, I publish a brief update with the following year’s tax brackets, standard deduction, and so on. This year, there is more uncertainty, as the likelihood of a legislative change ha...
(18 November 2016)
- Investing is largely an exercise in dealing with uncertainty. You cannot predict future asset prices unless you can predict what will happen to both a) the underlying assets themselves (e.g., the c...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog