|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(21 October 2016)
- Reverse mortgages have a terrible reputation — possibly even worse than annuities. Despite their very real drawbacks, a reverse mortgage is often the best way for a retiree to tap into their...
(17 October 2016)
- In the last two weeks I’ve received an assortment of questions about how, exactly, Social Security inflation adjustments work. In brief, there are two types of inflation-indexing that occur w...
(14 October 2016)
- As many people enter retirement, they intend for their portfolios to fund two goals rather than just one. First and most obviously, the portfolio must fund their desired standard of living for the...
(10 October 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Your page of 8 simple portfolios is great guidance for people who want a simple plan they can institute. I wondered whether that page could offer a list of Fidel...
(07 October 2016)
- Likely my favorite investing-related article I read this week was a profile of Salisbury, North Carolina. Salisbury is, apparently, the place where the Food Lion chain of grocery stores was starte...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog