|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
|Known for||Investing |
|Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Bogleheads.org is an Amazon Associate and may earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon.com.
(26 September 2022)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I’m currently ‘in the market’ for a financial planner. I’m looking at many different options, because I’m still a little unsure abou...
(19 September 2022)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Is there a hub with a list of previous educational Bogleheads meetings that gives access to listen to them? I think I found it in the past and even listened to or...
(12 September 2022)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Is there a website or calculator that you recommend for showing the historical results of a portfolio? Something where I can enter an asset allocation and the cal...
(05 September 2022)
- Karolos Arapakis of the Center for Retirement Research at Boston College recently released a brief (adapted from a longer paper) that addressed the question: how much do retirees pay in lifetime ou...
(29 August 2022)
- A reader writes in, asking: “The age old question: Lump Sum or Monthly Payment? A few years ago it was considered lunacy in the office for anyone who took the Monthly vs Lump option. With inc...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog