|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(26 August 2016)
- We’ve talked before about both tax-loss harvesting and tax-gain harvesting with bonds. This week, author/advisor Allan Roth shares an advanced tax planning strategy using muni bond funds, in...
(22 August 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I’ve recently been using different Social Security calculators to compare claiming strategies. I’ve read that they calculate the ‘net present va...
(19 August 2016)
- Over the last couple of weeks, lawsuits have been filed against a whole list of retirement plan sponsors. As Morningstar’s John Rekenthaler explains, the plans being targeted are not the wor...
(15 August 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: I just got laid off at age 58. I know people are saying it’s best to wait until 70 for SS, but I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. I know my savings...
(12 August 2016)
- Tactical asset allocation is the strategy of moving between various asset classes (e.g., from stocks to bonds or vice versa) in an attempt to outperform a simple static asset allocation. This week,...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog