|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(25 July 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I know that interest rates and bond prices move in opposite directions, but I don’t honestly understand why that is the case. And while we’re at it,...
(15 July 2016)
- Housekeeping note: I’ll be traveling this upcoming week, so there will be no articles on Monday 7/18 or Friday 7/22. And I may be somewhat slower than usual in replying to emails. Things wil...
(11 July 2016)
- A reader writes in, asking: “I read your book investing made simple. The book does not mention how many funds are too many to have in a portfolio. Do you think 9 funds is too many to have...
(08 July 2016)
- Over the last several of years, researcher Wade Pfau has put out an incredible amount of useful research into various retirement planning topics. This week, he provides us with an update into one...
(01 July 2016)
- Housekeeping note: There will be no article this upcoming Monday (July 4). We will return to our regular schedule on Friday. The famous investor John Templeton once said that the four most costly ...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog