|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(07 December 2018)
- Salespeople of financial products (especially but not exclusively insurance) are known for hosting free meals as a way to attract prospective clients. Ron Lieber of The New York Times recently acco...
(03 December 2018)
- A reader writes in, asking: “The performance in my Roth IRA has been all over the place lately. I recently had a day where literally all four of my funds went down. What do you do differently...
(23 November 2018)
- There’s an ongoing battle between Vanguard, Fidelity, and Schwab to win over those of us who prefer low-cost indexed investment products. Vanguard’s latest move in that battle, announce...
(19 November 2018)
- Over the last several months, many people have written in about the various things they’ve learned from using the Open Social Security calculator. I thought it would be worthwhile to collect...
(09 November 2018)
- It’s Affordable Care Act open enrollment season (through December 15), so here are a few resources that may be helpful. First, a thorough FAQ from the Kaiser Family Foundation about buying in...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog