|Other names||aka Oblivious Investor|
Investing Made Simple|
Social Security Made Simple
|Website||Oblivious Investor blog|
Mike Piper, CPA is the author of several personal finance books as well as the popular blog ObliviousInvestor.com. He is a Colorado licensed CPA. Mike’s writing has been featured in many places, including The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, MarketWatch, and Morningstar. Mike lives with his wife in Manitou Springs, Colorado, where they enjoy hiking and rock climbing.
— from Biographical sketch, Amazon 
- Accounting Made Simple: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454221
- Taxes Made Simple: Income Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454214
- Independent Contractor, Sole Proprietor, and LLC Taxes Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454269
- LLC vs. S-Corp vs. C-Corp Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454276
- Investing Made Simple: Index Fund Investing and ETF Investing Exlained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454245
- Can I Retire? How Much Money You Need to Retire and How to Manage Your Retirement Savings: Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454252
- Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less ISBN 978-0981454283
- Microeconomics Made Simple: Basic Microeconomic Principles, Explained in 100 Pages or Less (coauthored with Austin Frakt, PhD) ISBN 978-0981454290
- Oblivious Investing: Building Wealth by Ignoring the Noise ISBN 978-0981454238 [Now out of print.]
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.
(17 November 2017)
- As you very likely read/heard yesterday, the House passed its version of the GOP tax bill. So, from a political perspective, now’s the time to get on the phone and tell your senator your pos...
(13 November 2017)
- Self-employed retirement plans — SEP IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs, and solo 401(k)s — are one of the topics people ask me about most frequently. Of the three, people ask most often about solo 401(...
(10 November 2017)
- It’s open enrollment season on Healthcare.gov. If you don’t have health insurance through another source (e.g., your employer, spouse, Medicare), now’s the time to start picking a...
(06 November 2017)
- A reader writes in, asking: “Your discussion of life expectancies this week got me thinking. I believe that the life expectancy that is often discussed is the ‘mean’ life expecta...
(03 November 2017)
- In the realm of financial planning, it’s rare for a decision to be anything more than an educated guess — and that’s true even for those of us who work on this stuff for a liv...
- Amazon, Biographical sketch.
- Oblivious Investor blog