Photo by family_doc.
June 22, 1938|
|Alma mater||DCCC and Temple University|
|Occupation||Author, Daytona Beach Shores city councilman|
|Organization||The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy|
|Notable work||The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing|
|Website||The John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy|
Mel Lindauer is a bogleheads.org reading list author
Mel Lindauer CFS, WMS, (Daytona Beach Shores, FL)[note 1] was dubbed "The Prince of the Bogleheads" by Jack Bogle. He's one of the leaders of the Bogleheads forums, where he and Taylor have combined to contribute an incredible 85,000 posts, helping investors learn the Boglehead way to invest.
A Marine veteran, he started investing in the late '60s and has first-hand experience with both bull and bear markets.
Together with Taylor, he initiated and continues to organize the grassroots Bogleheads' annual meetings. He's been quoted in a number of newspapers and national magazines and has appeared on CNN-fn. He was selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in it's March 2012 issue.
Retired since 1997, he was founder and former CEO of a successful graphic arts company in the Philadelphia area for 30 years. Since retirement, he has earned credentials as a Certified Fund Specialist from the Institute of Business and Finance and as a Wealth Management Specialist from Kaplan College.
He also holds commercial and flight instructor licenses, and was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by the Governor of his former home state of Kentucky.
— Taken from Page 294 of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
In 2010, Lindauer helped create the John C. Bogle Center for Financial Literacy, an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Lindauer serves as the voluntary president of the Center.
Lindauer was elected to the Daytona Beach Shores city council and was sworn in on November 15, 2016.
Along with Jack Bogle, Taylor Larimore and Laura Dogu, Mel was honored by being selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in the magazine's March 2012 issue: Champions of the small investor
- CFS - Certified Fund Specialist , WMS - Wealth Management Specialist. See: Understanding Professional Designations
- Forbes.com profile: Mel Lindauer.
(15 March 2016)
- Bogleheads are astutely aware of the saying “Cost matters.” In fact, our friend, mentor and namesake, John C. (Jack) Bogle, founder of , created what he called the CMH (the cost matters hypothe...
(30 November 2015)
- As we approach the end of 2015, here’s a check list of some of the things we need to make sure we’ve taken care of before it’s too late. Max out contributions to your plans 401k 403b 457 Tr...
(05 July 2015)
- On the Bogleheads.org forum, we’re constantly faced with questions from investors who want to start , but are concerned about the list of mediocre high-cost funds available to them. They want to...
(07 April 2015)
- After the good stock market returns of the past six years, where the stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 has more than tripled, many investors may well find that their portfolios now con...
(20 December 2014)
- On behalf of the entire Bogleheads Community, I’d like to wish each and every one of our readers all the very best in this holiday season. For now, I’ll leave you with some steps you...
- The latest from Mel Lindauer@bogleheads,President, Bogle Center FFL; Forbes.com columnist; co-author, The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing & The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning.