Laura Dogu at Bogleheads 8
|Notable work||Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning, editor|
Laura Dogu is one of the premier posters on the Bogleheads.org forum. She's especially good at drawing out the required information needed to help new investors, no matter how many exchanges are required to finalize things.
Jack Bogle had previously named Taylor Larimore "King of the Bogleheads" and he called Mel Lindauer "The Prince of the Bogleheads". Realizing that the Bogleheads had no "queen", Taylor and Mel decided to crown Laura "Queen of the Bogleheads" at their 2007 reunion in recognition of her many excellent contributions to the success of the forum. Laura was then invited to become a panel member for the Q&A with the Experts session and has continued to participate since then (schedule permitting).
On August 5, 2015, Laura was confirmed as the US ambassador to the Republic of Nicaragua.
Along with Jack Bogle, Mel Lindauer and Taylor Larimore, Laura was honored by being selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in the magazine's March 2012 issue: Champions of the small investor
- Forbes.com profile: Laura Dogu.
(15 March 2016)
- Bogleheads are astutely aware of the saying “Cost matters.” In fact, our friend, mentor and namesake, John C. (Jack) Bogle, founder of , created what he called the CMH (the cost matters hypothe...
(30 November 2015)
- As we approach the end of 2015, here’s a check list of some of the things we need to make sure we’ve taken care of before it’s too late. Max out contributions to your plans 401k 403b 457 Tr...
(05 July 2015)
- On the Bogleheads.org forum, we’re constantly faced with questions from investors who want to start , but are concerned about the list of mediocre high-cost funds available to them. They want to...
(07 April 2015)
- After the good stock market returns of the past six years, where the stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 has more than tripled, many investors may well find that their portfolios now con...
(20 December 2014)
- On behalf of the entire Bogleheads Community, I’d like to wish each and every one of our readers all the very best in this holiday season. For now, I’ll leave you with some steps you...
Laura is a co-editor of the Bogleheads community-authored book The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9
- U.S. Ambassador to Nicaragua: Who Is Laura Dogu?, allgov.com, October 18, 2015, Viewed October 27, 2015.