|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Years active||since 2003|
|Employer||The Vanguard Group|
|Website||Ameriks at Vanguard|
John Ameriks is a principal and head of active equity in Vanguard Equity Investment Group. His team manages or co-manages Vanguard active stock funds using quantitative methods. Mr. Ameriks previously served as head of investment counseling and research, developing the firm's advice methodology and conducting investment research. His published research includes articles in The American Economic Review, The Quarterly Journal of Economics, and The Journal of Finance.
Mr. Ameriks' current research interests include quantitative equity investment strategies, behavioral economics, issues in retirement finance, and solutions-oriented single-fund investments.
Before joining Vanguard in 2003, Mr. Ameriks was a senior research fellow at the TIAA-CREF Institute.
Ameriks most cited papers are listed below, ranked from most to least cited.
|2004||How do household portfolio shares vary with age|
|2003||Wealth accumulation and the propensity to plan|
|2011||The joy of giving or assisted living? Using strategic surveys to separate public care aversion from bequest motives|
|2007||Measuring self-control problems|
|2001||Making retirement income last a lifetime|
|2007||Retirement consumption: Insights from a survey|
Ameriks is co-editor, with Olivia Mitchell of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, of Recalibrating Retirement Spending and Saving.
- Ameriks, John (ed.); Mitchell, Olivia (ed.). Recalibrating Retirement Spending and Saving. Oxford University Press. pp. 320 pages.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link) ISBN 978-0199549108
- Ameriks, John; Zeldes, Stephen P. (2004). How do household portfolio shares vary with age. Columbia University.
- Ameriks, John; Caplin, Andrew; Leahy, John (2003). Wealth accumulation and the propensity to plan. The Quarterly Journal of Economics: Oxford University Press. pp. 1007–1047.
- Ameriks, John; Caplin, Andrew; Laufer, Steven; Van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn (2011). The joy of giving or assisted living? Using strategic surveys to separate public care aversion from bequest motives. The Journal of Finance: Blackwell Publishing Inc. pp. 519–561.
- Ameriks, John; Caplin, Andrew; Leahy, John; Tyler, Tom (2007). Measuring self-control problems. The American Economic Review: American Economic Association. pp. 966–972.
- Ameriks, John; Veres, Robert; Warshawsky, Mark J. (2001). Making retirement income last a lifetime. Journal of Financial Planning. pp. 60–76.
- Ameriks, John; Caplin, Andrew; Leahy, John (2007). Retirement consumption: Insights from a survey. The Review of Economics and Statistics: NBER.
- Home page
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- John Ameriks : Citation Profile, CitEc
- Google Scholars page
- Authors page, SSRN