Burton G. Malkiel
Burton G. Malkiel is the Chemical Bank Chairman’s Professor of Economics at Princeton University.
Professor Malkiel is an American economist. He is a leading proponent of the efficient market hypothesis.
Malkiel is the author of the well-known book A Random Walk Down Wall Street. Originally published in 1977, the book has gone through many editions. Malkiel and his co-author, Charles Ellis also wrote another popular book on investing, The Elements of Investing: Easy Lessons for Every Investor.
|2003||EFM (best paper)||Passive Investment Strategies and Efficient Markets|
|2001||Jason Levy||The Growth of Index Funds and the Pricing of Equity Securities|
|2001||Smith-Breedan||Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk|
In 2007 Malkiel, along with co-founder, Kevin Todd Carter, founded AlphaShares, LLC, a privately owned investment manager. The firm invests in the public equity markets of China. It also develops and manages a series of China indices. The company mainly serves corporations and high-income individuals.
In February 2013, Malkiel was named Chief Investment Officer of investor advisor firm Wealthfront.
- Malkiel, Burton G. (Dec 29, 2014). A Random Walk Down Wall Street. Norton. ISBN 0393246116.
- Malkiel, Burton G.; Ellis, Charles (January 22, 2013). The Elements of Investing: Easy Lessons for Every Investor. Wiley. ISBN 978-1118484876.
- "Bernstein Fabozzi/Jacobs Levy Awards". http://www.jacobslevy.com/bf_jl_awards.htm. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- "Amundi Smith Breeden Prizes". American Finance Association. http://www.afajof.org/details/page/2870731/Prizes.html. Retrieved December 17, 2015.
- Campbell, John Y.; Lettau, Martin; Malkiel, Burton G.; Xu, Yexiao (2000). Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk. NBER Working Paper No. w7590: SSRN. http://ssrn.com/abstract=227640.
- Burton Gordon Malkiel Ph.D.: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek, Viewed December 13 ,2015
- Vanguard Group (Ireland) Limited. Viewed December 13, 2015
- AlphaShares, LLC. Viewed December 13, 2015
- Malkiel Named CIO Of Wealthfront, February 19, 2013, ETF.com.
- AlphaShares Ltd., official site
- Wealthfront, official site
- Author page, Academic search (beta)
- SSRN Working Papers
Any purchases made at Amazon.com will result in a small referral fee for us. It does not cost you anything extra.