|Alma mater||Texas A&M University|
|Occupation||Author, financial adviser|
|Organization||Soundmark Wealth Management, LLC|
|Notable work||The Coffeehouse Investor|
Bill Schultheis is a bogleheads.org reading list author
In 1998 Bill Schultheis created the Coffeehouse Investor in an effort to bring a simpler and smarter investment philosophy to individuals and corporations across the nation and around the world. He has appeared regularly on Seattle’s PBS Serious Money program, is a guest contributor on NPR’s Morning Edition and wrote a syndicated investment column for eight years.
For 13 years he worked with retail and institutional accounts for Smith Barney in Seattle, WA. For the past eight years he has been a principal and fee-only financial adviser, currently with Soundmark Wealth Management in Kirkland, WA.
Schultheis grew up on a wheat farm in eastern Washington, attended Washington State University, and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1982.
When he’s not working, he can be found on the golf course, camping on Mt. Rainier, cooking in the kitchen, writing his next book, and enjoying the company of his wonderful family and friends.
— Bill Schultheis
- Schultheis, Bill (2009). The Coffeehouse Investor: How to Build Wealth, Ignore Wall Street, and Get On with Your Life. p. 224. ISBN 978-1591845843.
(14 May 2020)
- College graduates embark on a new journey, with unlimited opportunities to engage in a global community crying out for change. The job market they enter is in shambles. How they embrace this moment...
(08 May 2020)
- The financial media has turned up the volume to match the heightened volatility in the stock market. This volatility is likely the new normal for months, if not years ahead. Use this opportunity t...
(23 April 2020)
- The global community invites us to foster our creative energy to defeat COVID-19. Let’s challenge each other and ourselves to spend more time accentuating our creativity and less time tuning...
(15 April 2020)
- On March 27 the U.S. Governement passed the CARES Act to offer relief for Americans impacted by this fallout. The following link offers a free summary of this Act as it pertains to your financial...
(08 April 2020)
- Are you struggling to make sense of this volatile stock market? Coffeehouse Investors have a better idea; Focus on your financial plan, ignore Wall Street and get on with your life. In light of the...