|Alma mater||Texas A&M University|
|Occupation||Author, financial adviser|
|Organization||Soundmark Wealth Management, LLC|
|Notable work||The Coffeehouse Investor|
Bill Schultheis is a bogleheads.org reading list author
In 1998 Bill Schultheis created the Coffeehouse Investor in an effort to bring a simpler and smarter investment philosophy to individuals and corporations across the nation and around the world. He has appeared regularly on Seattle’s PBS Serious Money program, is a guest contributor on NPR’s Morning Edition and wrote a syndicated investment column for eight years.
For 13 years he worked with retail and institutional accounts for Smith Barney in Seattle, WA. For the past eight years he has been a principal and fee-only financial adviser, currently with Soundmark Wealth Management in Kirkland, WA.
Schultheis grew up on a wheat farm in eastern Washington, attended Washington State University, and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1982.
When he’s not working, he can be found on the golf course, camping on Mt. Rainier, cooking in the kitchen, writing his next book, and enjoying the company of his wonderful family and friends.
— Bill Schultheis
- Schultheis, Bill (2009). The Coffeehouse Investor: How to Build Wealth, Ignore Wall Street, and Get On with Your Life. p. 224. ISBN 978-1591845843.
(06 July 2018)
- If you missed our latest newsletter, here are a few highlights … Are You Adequately Insured? – Is it time to review your own insurance policies? Soundmark Advisor, James Nevers discusse...
(08 June 2018)
- Read a piece recently from Adam M. Grossman in Humble Dollar and two thoughts come to mind. Compounding is the magic sauce to aging. Most of us aren’t excited about turning another year older...
(16 May 2018)
- Planning is key to most things in life, including Social Security benefits. As automatic as the benefit is for most U.S. citizens, there are multiple factors to consider before enrolling. Many reti...
(26 April 2018)
- We read a great piece recently from Shane Parrish on his thoughts from his trip to the Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders meeting. This really resonated with us. “The point is that the answer...
(03 April 2018)
- We wanted to highlight a few bits of knowledge we’ve recently read … One of the most frequent questions we are asked at the Coffeehouse Investor is, “what happens if everyone starts passi...