|Alma mater||Texas A&M University|
|Occupation||Author, financial adviser|
|Organization||Soundmark Wealth Management, LLC|
|Notable work||The Coffeehouse Investor|
Bill Schultheis is a bogleheads.org reading list author
In 1998 Bill Schultheis created the Coffeehouse Investor in an effort to bring a simpler and smarter investment philosophy to individuals and corporations across the nation and around the world. He has appeared regularly on Seattle’s PBS Serious Money program, is a guest contributor on NPR’s Morning Edition and wrote a syndicated investment column for eight years.
For 13 years he worked with retail and institutional accounts for Smith Barney in Seattle, WA. For the past eight years he has been a principal and fee-only financial adviser, currently with Soundmark Wealth Management in Kirkland, WA.
Schultheis grew up on a wheat farm in eastern Washington, attended Washington State University, and graduated from Texas A&M University in 1982.
When he’s not working, he can be found on the golf course, camping on Mt. Rainier, cooking in the kitchen, writing his next book, and enjoying the company of his wonderful family and friends.
— Bill Schultheis
- Schultheis, Bill (2009). The Coffeehouse Investor: How to Build Wealth, Ignore Wall Street, and Get On with Your Life. p. 224. ISBN 978-1591845843.
(20 November 2018)
- It’s the time of year we talk about pie. Whether it’s pumpkin, sweet potato, or cherry pie that you might be sharing this holiday season, there’s one slice you could be missing. An entire cha...
(23 October 2018)
- If you can believe it, the time to start thinking about the 2019-2020 school year is now. The 2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was released at the beginning of the month. Don&#...
(14 September 2018)
- Why do investors perceive heightened volatility as such a bad thing, and why are they prone to liquidating stocks during steep market sell-offs? From January through mid-March of this year, retail...
(07 August 2018)
- I published The Coffeehouse Investor book in 1998 after spending 13 years working for a major Wall Street firm. It became obvious to me that an investment story very different from Wall Street’s...
(27 July 2018)
- A quick read-through of any financial journal serves as a reminder of the unfolding of business at breakneck speed around the world. Artificial intelligence, Blockchain technology, Cloud computing,...