Mel Lindauer, CFS, WMS, (Daytona Beach Shores, FL) was dubbed "The Prince of the Bogleheads" by Jack Bogle. He's one of the leaders of the Bogleheads forums, where he and Taylor have combined to contribute an incredible 46,000 posts, helping investors learn the Boglehead way to invest.
A Marine veteran, he started investing in the late '60s and has first-hand experience with both bull and bear markets.
Together with Taylor, he initiated and continues to organize the grassroots Bogleheads' annual meetings. He's been quoted in a number of newspapers and national magazines and has appeared on CNN-fn. He was selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in it's March 2012 issue.
Retired since 1997, he was founder and former CEO of a successful graphic arts company in the Philadelphia area for 30 years. Since retirement, he has earned credentials as a Certified Fund Specialist from the Institute of Business and Finance and as a Wealth Management Specialist from Kaplan College.He also holds commercial and flight instructor licenses, and was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by the Governor of his former home state of Kentucky.
Taken from Page 294 of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
Along with Jack Bogle, Taylor Larimore and Laura Dogu, Mel was honored by being selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in the magazine's March 2012 issue: Champions of the small investor
- Forbes.com profile: Mel Lindauer.
(05 July 2015)
- On the Bogleheads.org forum, we’re constantly faced with questions from investors who want to start investing, but are concerned about the list of mediocre high-cost funds available to them. They...
(07 April 2015)
- After the good stock market returns of the past six years, where the stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 has more than tripled, many investors may well find that their portfolios now con...
(16 February 2015)
- On February 19th, the Bogleheads.org forum will celebrate its eighth birthday. What an amazing trip it’s been! BACKGROUND The website was originally set up and funded by two long-time Bogle...
(20 December 2014)
- On behalf of the entire Bogleheads Community, I’d like to wish each and every one of our readers all the very best in this holiday season. For now, I’ll leave you with some steps you...
(31 August 2014)
- Because I was one of the most vocal supporters of I when they were first introduced, I’m often asked for my thoughts on today’s I Bond offerings. The most common question I get is ̶...