Landlord's insurance

From Bogleheads
Jump to navigation Jump to search

landlord's insurance

Landlords insurance is a policy to cover a property owner from financial losses connected with their property which they let out. Mainly a landlord insurance policy will cover the building itself with the option of including the contents left within. The policy will normally cover standard perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, escape of water/oil, subsidence, theft and malicious damage. Each insurance policy is different and may or may not include all these items. Most companies will provide the option to have extra cover on top of what is considered the standard cover. These may include things such as accidental damage, legal protection, alternative accommodation costs or rent guarantee insurance. Common differences in use of the phrase landlords insurance is buy to let insurance, let property insurance, rented property insurance, or property owners insurance.

- from Wikipedia Landlords insurance