Template:Reference Material Sidebar
Financial News and Information
Diehard Blogs and Websites
- Barry Barnitz
- Financial Page - Blog centered on indexing, academic research and news, with an occasional analytic touch.
- Asset Allocation - Blog devoted to the art and science of asset allocation.
- bob90245 - Bob's Financial Website - Resource for retirement withdrawal strategies and more developed by a Diehard.
- Bylo Selhi - Smart Mutual Fund Investing for Independent Canadian Investors - Site dedicated helping investors "learn how to invest on their own."
- indexfundfan - indexfundfan@indextown - Blog of investment-related articles.
- JLP - AllFinancialMatters - Blog focused on personal finance and Diehard topics.
- KyleAAA - Amateur Asset Allocator - Musings on personal finance, investing, business news, and economics with the occasional frugal post thrown in the mix.
- Larry Swedroe - Wise Investing - Investment topics.
- Matt (mwgr5) - SharpeInvesting - Blog of comprehensive information about a variety of finance and investing topics.
- Oblivious Investor - Oblivious Investor - The idea of the blog is that you don't need to watch: a) CNBC everyday, or b) daily/weekly/monthly stock market movements...in order to be a successful investor.
- Paul Keck (pkcrafter) - Investment Guide
- sewall - The Incidental Economist - Blog of finance, economics, health care, and other "musings of a curious mind."
- tfb - thefinancebuff - Blog of personal finance and economics topics including spending, saving, borrowing, insurance, investing, and recent developments in the economy.
General Financial and Investing News
Magazines and Related Sites
Time Value of Money
Investment Companies and Government Services
- Treasury Direct - TreasuryDirect is the only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form. It offers product information and research across the entire line of Treasury Securities, from Series EE Savings Bonds to Treasury Notes.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) - The TSP is a retirement savings plan for civilians who are employed by the United States Government and members of the uniformed services.
Personal Finance Management Systems
Research and other Financial Articles
- The Altruist Reading Room - Links to a wealth of information and research.
- Callan Periodic Tables of Investment Returns - A comprehensive representation of relative asset class performance over the last 20 years.
- Fama/French Forum - "Observations, opinion, research and links from financial economists Eugene Fama and Kenneth French."
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. 39,000 economic time series from 38 sources. Download, graph, and track economic data. Downloadable tools, such an iPhone/iPad app and an Excel Add-In are available.
- The Journal of Financial Planning - Articles about financial planning topics.
- Journal of Indexes - The "book of record for the index industry."
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics), a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 73 countries to enhance the dissemination of research in economics. All RePEc material is freely available.
- IDEAS database (part of RePEc), the largest bibliographic database dedicated to Economics and available freely on the Internet
- Research-Finance.com - Compendium of recent academic finance articles and working papers.
- SSRN Economic Research Network - Aggregator of financial research with a powerful search engine.
- TIAA-CREF Institute - "Conducts and sponsors actionable research intended to impact and advance the ways individuals and institutions plan for financial security."
- TIAA-CREF Market Monitor - A "bi-weekly view of current economic and financial markets, plus up-to-date commentaries on topics of broad financial interest."
- ↑ FRED - Graphical presentation of interesting economic data, forum discussion.
Template:Resources and Links