John Bogle Bobblehead

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
danielbadger

John Bogle Bobblehead

Post by danielbadger » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Does anybody know where I can purchase a John Bogle bobblehead?

Thanks!

Laura

Not Generally for Sale

Post by Laura » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:12 pm

daniel,

Sadly, the Bogle Bobbleheads were never for sale. They were promotional items produced by Wiley, the publisher of The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing. A few lucky people have one. The few that I have seen sold have always been to benefit a charity. When someone does decide to sell they have done it on this forum so stick around and you may get lucky.

Laura
The views presented are my own and not necessarily those of the Department of State or the U.S. Government.

Mel Lindauer

Bogle Bobblehead

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Daniel:

As Laura correctly pointed out, the Bogle Bobbleheads have never been for sale, except at a couple of charity auctions. You might be interested to know that three were auctioned on two separate occasions. One went for $350, and one for $500 in the first auction, and the last one auctioned went for $1000 at the second auction.

Regards,

Mel

tat2ng

Post by tat2ng » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Just curious... what would it take to do a mass-order of them? I would think that quite a few people who read the message board would be interested in having a Bogle bogglehead. Is it something that can be initiated for the next Diehards Reunion (with hopefully lots extra ordered, for people that can't make it)?

It seems that there is enough interest... anyone know what would need to be done to implement it? Maybe set it up so that the sale of them was fashioned in the same manner, where all proceeds went to charity?

I personally would love to have one.

Just curious.

Thad

edited 1 time by Thad, minor grammar, spelling...

danielbadger

Many Thanks

Post by danielbadger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks for the information. If they do become available for purchase at any time in the future, please let us know.

Happy holidays,
Dan

Mel Lindauer

Bogle Bobblehead

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:30 pm

tat2ng wrote:Just curious... what would it take to do a mass-order of them? I would think that quite a few people who read the message board would be interested in having a Bogle bogglehead. Is it something that can be initiated for the next Diehards Reunion (with hopefully lots extra ordered, for people that can't make it)?

It seems that there is enough interest... anyone know what would need to be done to implement it? Maybe set it up so that the sale of them was fashioned in the same manner, where all proceeds went to charity?

I personally would love to have one.

Just curious.

Thad

edited 1 time by Thad, minor grammar, spelling...
Hi Thad:

That would be up to our publisher (Wiley) and Jack Bogle to decide, since they own the rights to the Bobblehead. My understanding is that when Jack agreed to have his likeness used on the Bobblehead, he insisted that it only be used as a promotional item for The Bogleheads' Guide, and that it not be sold.

Regards,

Mel

Mel Lindauer

Bogle Bobblehead Auction

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Hello Everyone:

As a result of seeing this thread, Diehard Eric Haban is offering his signed (by Jack Bogle) Bogle Bobblehead at a charity auction with the proceeds going to the Chairman John C. Bogle Room at the National Constitution Center.

Here's the link where you can place your bid:

http://www.diehards.org/forum/viewtopic ... 376#118376

Let the bidding begin! Good luck!

Regards,

Mel

haban01

Thanks Mel

Post by haban01 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:53 pm

You must of gotten out of your lawn chair after soaking up the sun on the great beaches of Florida! :-). The good life :)

Thanks for making the post on this thread.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to your family!

Eric Haban
Eric Haban | | "Stay the Course" | "Press on Regardless" | | Wisconsin Bogleheads Chapter Coordinator

Mel Lindauer

Re: Thanks Mel

Post by Mel Lindauer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:01 pm

haban01 wrote:You must of gotten out of your lawn chair after soaking up the sun on the great beaches of Florida! :-). The good life :)

Thanks for making the post on this thread.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to your family!

Eric Haban
Hi Eric:

Thanks for your generosity in donating the autographed Bogle Bobblehead to the auction for such a great (and most appropriate) charity cause.

Happy Holidays to you, too. See you in San Diego?

Best regards,

Mel