[Germany] short to medium term investment options

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
AS_25f

[Germany] short to medium term investment options

Post by AS_25f »

Hello Bogleheads,

I am an Asian citizen currently employed in Germany. I have recently set up my emergency funds and started investing in ETFs (for long term). I would like to buy a house here during the next years. I do not plan to buy it right away and I am not sure how long it could take, as it depends on multiple factors.

Apart from investing regularly into my ETF portfolio, I'd like to start to save up some money for the downpayment on my potential property. I do not think it is a good idea to break my ETF portfolio and withdraw money within the next few years for the downpayment. I'd like to keep my ETF portfolio intact and undisturbed.

I'm now looking for short to mid-term investment options to park my savings for my home.

From my research, I came across the following:
  • 1. Xtrackers II EUR Overnight Rate Swap UCITS ETF
    2. Lyxor Smart Overnight Return - UCITS ETF EUR
Are these good options? Does any one have any idea about this? Or are there any other alternatives? Another thing to note is that, these are domiciled in Luxemborg and might be synthetic ETF. Are there disadvantages due to this?

Thank you in advance :)