South of Boston meeting held 5-16-09

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
puregold

South of Boston meeting held 5-16-09

Post by puregold »

I would like to thank all the attendees who came to our very first gathering for the SouthofBoston group. My member list is already up to 18, but not all were able to attend. We had a very diverse group both in age, as well as, investment holdings. Some of the topics discussed were: Annuities, Pensions, Healthcare, CDs, Tips, I Bonds, Mortgages, Value vs. Growth, Dan Weiner - Vanguards Newsletter and Energy.

I do have to mention that one of our members actually took the time out of his moving day to “take a break” and attend this first meeting, I was really impressed!

Our next meeting is tentative for sometime in July/August and will be held on a Sunday, as some members encountered the seasonal Cape Cod traffic. The details for this meeting will be posted as it gets closer to the date. In the meantime, if anyone has a specific question or topic that they would like discussed at our next meeting, please send me a private message and/or post it and I will add it to the agenda.

Thanks again, to all that took the time out of their day to meet with us - It was a pleasure meeting the faces behind the emails. :D
Cheryl
dpbsmith

Post by dpbsmith »

Thanks for organizing it, Cheryl.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, Cheryl. Great job in organizing the group and getting it started. Keep up the good work!
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
sewall

Post by sewall »

puregold/Cheryl-

Will you be sending participants an e-mail/name list? There's one individual with whom I spoke that I'd like to stay in touch with. (The one who bought individual TIPS years ago but would prefer to have a fund today and with whom I spoke to in a side conversation about Medicare just before I left...if he reads this and can recognize that I mean him, he can just PM me...)
Topic Author
puregold

meeting list

Post by puregold »

:D
Last edited by puregold on Sat May 30, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl
Topic Author
puregold

Post by puregold »

Glad I could help!
dpbsmith wrote:Thanks for organizing it, Cheryl.
Cheryl
Topic Author
puregold

Reply for Seawall

Post by puregold »

check your email later today - One of the emails was unclear and I am waiting for a confirmation on it.
sewall wrote:puregold/Cheryl-

Will you be sending participants an e-mail/name list? There's one individual with whom I spoke that I'd like to stay in touch with. (The one who bought individual TIPS years ago but would prefer to have a fund today and with whom I spoke to in a side conversation about Medicare just before I left...if he reads this and can recognize that I mean him, he can just PM me...)
Cheryl