How comfy are Amberjack shoes, and how do they compare with SAS for comfort?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
protagonist

How comfy are Amberjack shoes, and how do they compare with SAS for comfort?

Post by protagonist »

For years I have worn SAS ":Bout Time" shoes in dress-up situations, even though they don't look dressy (a bit ugly really), , because I put comfort first, and most dress shoes are torture for me to wear. I have a hard time with shoes in general. I imagine many of you have worn SAS shoes....they were def. the favorite among doctors on their feet most of the day when I was still working.
I have read that Amberjack dress shoes are extremely comfortable, and they certainly look nicer and dressier than the SAS shoes.

The claim in reviews is "dress shoes that feel like sneakers". Is that true?
https://bespokeunit.com/shoes/shoemakers/amberjack/

And if any of you have tried both, how do the Amberjacks compare (I'm considering the Amberjack "Originals")?

Thanks.
billM1972

Re: How comfy are Amberjack shoes, and how do they compare with SAS for comfort?

Post by billM1972 »

I have a pair of both (SAS in all black), Amberjack Originals in Chestnut. Have had the Amberjacks for about a year. Pesonally, will go for amberjack over SAS going forward. I think they're more comfortable for standing (insole is fantastic) and they look a heck of a lot better too :D . Nothing wrong with SAS either. I find them generally comfortable, but if it's gonna be a long day on my feet, i'll always go for the aj pair.
WoostaGal

Re: How comfy are Amberjack shoes, and how do they compare with SAS for comfort?

Post by WoostaGal »

I've worn SAS, but not Amberjack. Looking at the pictures of Amberjack, it appears that the toe box is less roomy than SAS.
sailaway

Post by sailaway »

Isn't that going to depend on your foot?