FuboTV, or other NFL Options?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
bhwabeck3533

FuboTV, or other NFL Options?

Post by bhwabeck3533 »

I am a HUGE Green Bay Packer fan (actually a season ticket holder). I live in southwest Alabama. The network channels will cover the Saints or the Falcons.

Last year I had an NFL Sunday Ticket streaming subscription via a "student account" (we have DishTV offered locally, so that was an end-around to get it streamed without having a DISH). Student option no longer available to me.

So, what can I do to get my beloved Packer games at home this season? I think FuboTV has some NFL offerings, but do they live stream all games? Help!
lazydavid

Re: FuboTV, or other NFL Options?

Post by lazydavid »

If you can live with not watching live, NFL GamePass provides streaming access to every game of the season, usually starting shortly after the game is over: https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages?redir ... o-gamepass

There are only 3 night games this season, so might not be a bad option at $99. All streams are commercial-free, and they offer condensed games (every play of the game in less than 30 minutes), coaches' film, and "all 22" shots also.

If it MUST be live, SundayTicket.TV could be an option if you can prove you live somehwere where you are unable to get DirecTV: https://nflst.directv.com/GAMEPASS?sour ... v_gamepass. Looks like it costs right around $300.

And if you're not eligible for SundayTicket.TV, that's likely because you CAN get DirecTV. So you could do that, and there's often a promotion to get SundayTicket for free your first year.
mnsportsgeek

Post by mnsportsgeek »

For legal options, your only choice for live is SundayTicket or you could get the cheaper NFL GamePass if you don't mind watching on tape delay.

AT&T's deal with the NFL ends after this year so hopefully out of market NFL games are more accessible starting next season. Maybe even a little cheaper if we're lucky. The number of companies that could afford 1-2 billion a year for the rights are probably not plentiful. Think Disney, Apple, Amazon, Google as possible landing spots.
rh00p

Post by rh00p »

bhwabeck3533 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:40 am So, what can I do to get my beloved Packer games at home this season? I think FuboTV has some NFL offerings, but do they live stream all games? Help!
Subscribe to Locast, then every week just pick the closest city they're playing. Or pick the closest home city that would play GB games Today you would have picked Minneapolis 👍
Preparing for the worst. Hoping for the best.

Post by 000 »

An Alabama resident with an Upper Peninsula avatar that loves the Packers :?:

I guess once you go Pack, you can never go back :D
rich126

Post by rich126 »

Where can you get radio feeds on a cell phone? Previously it was tunedIn but not this year.

I was able to watch the first half of a game via bilasports but then it died. Plus I question its legality. A radio feed would work for me.
rh00p

Post by rh00p »

rich126 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 pm Where can you get radio feeds on a cell phone? Previously it was tunedIn but not this year.
Radio.com
Preparing for the worst. Hoping for the best.
GreenLawn

Post by GreenLawn »

NFL Game Pass is awesome, it is commercial free. I detest commercials, and NFL games are infested with them. Game Pass has every game of every team in the country, all the NFL football you could possibly want. And they even have an archive of previous years.
furwut

Post by furwut »

I was over in Spain last fall and it is very easy for them to stream NFL games there. I suspect the NFL doesn’t mind too much as it helps to build the brand there.
batpot

Post by batpot »

rh00p wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 pm
bhwabeck3533 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:40 am So, what can I do to get my beloved Packer games at home this season? I think FuboTV has some NFL offerings, but do they live stream all games? Help!
Subscribe to Locast, then every week just pick the closest city they're playing. Or pick the closest home city that would play GB games Today you would have picked Minneapolis 👍
Have you done this? How do you get around the GPS check?
rich126

Post by rich126 »

rh00p wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 pm
rich126 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 pm Where can you get radio feeds on a cell phone? Previously it was tunedIn but not this year.
Radio.com
I meant local NFL radio coverage. Radio.com generally blacks out NFL coverage, at least in my limited tries. Someone else mentioned Sirius is the rights holder. I think I'll pass on that.
pascalwager

Post by pascalwager »

Roku with Fubo seems to show all of the network games live: Fox, NBC, CBS, ESPN. I recently dropped Cable TV and bought a Roku box and a Fubo sports package for streaming sports. Works well so far and much less expensive. I mainly follow 49ers, Warriors, and SF Giants.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

I was able to watch the first half of a game via bilasports but then it died. Plus I question its legality. A radio feed would work for me.
If you are willing to pay for NFL game pass you can listen to both home and away radio feeds live for all NFL games thru the app.
rich126

Post by rich126 »

Nate79 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 pm

If you are willing to pay for NFL game pass you can listen to both home and away radio feeds live for all NFL games thru the app.
I'll check it out. Thanks.