Are there services that can find difficult to find items for sale?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
windaar

Are there services that can find difficult to find items for sale?

Post by windaar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Kind of a strange question, I know. I am trying to find a certain vintage playground piece that is probably worth less than $1000 but is heavy and NEVER listed anywhere, eBay, Craigslist, etc. I am very willing to pay someone to find one for me. Does such a service exist? Thanks in advance!

Bruce T

Re: Are there services that can find difficult to find items for sale?

Post by Bruce T » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 pm

You might look at Fivver.

Also consider consulting an outfit near you that removes equipment & replaces it with new, ala www.aaastateofplay.com - at the very least they may be able to point you to used equipment sellers or collectors.

Good luck!

ResearchMed

Re: Are there services that can find difficult to find items for sale?

Post by ResearchMed » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:58 pm

windaar wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Kind of a strange question, I know. I am trying to find a certain vintage playground piece that is probably worth less than $1000 but is heavy and NEVER listed anywhere, eBay, Craigslist, etc. I am very willing to pay someone to find one for me. Does such a service exist? Thanks in advance!
In the past, I've used the Amex Platinum Concierge service for something like this, and they worked miracles, at least the first time, which was before Google type searches were easily available.
They also, later, got a few other things which were in high demand (specific toys for children for Christmas, for example).

More recently, unfortunately, they've sent me a link to a Google Search - the exact one that I had explained up front that didn't yield anything close.

Many of the premium cards seem to have something like a Concierge, but they usually "advertise/promote" themselves as getting top seats a concerts or games, etc.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.