Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Post Reply
User avatar
Topic Author
stargazer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by stargazer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan. I live outside of the broadcast area for the team's games.

I have a basic cable TV package (channels 2 through 13). I wish to be able to stream all Eagles games, whether on Sundays, Mondays, or Thursdays.

My understanding is that the NFL Sunday Ticket is restricted to Sunday games. Is this correct? Or are Monday and Thursday games available as add-ons?

Is the NFL Game Pass a better option?

Are there any other (legal) ways to stream NFL games?

Fly Eagles Fly

stargazer

bradshaw1965
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by bradshaw1965 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

This is probably your best bet for all of the nuances.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/wiki/nflguide

Sunday Ticket is Sundays only, you'll need a basic streaming package from the likes of Sling, Vue, YoutubeTv for Mondays, NFL Game Pass is useful but is not live in the US, the games are available to stream immediately after it airs, which is better then last year which was after *all* the games had finished.

TheOscarGuy
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Where I wanna be.

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by TheOscarGuy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

stargazer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 pm
Lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan. I live outside of the broadcast area for the team's games.

I have a basic cable TV package (channels 2 through 13). I wish to be able to stream all Eagles games, whether on Sundays, Mondays, or Thursdays.

My understanding is that the NFL Sunday Ticket is restricted to Sunday games. Is this correct? Or are Monday and Thursday games available as add-ons?

Is the NFL Game Pass a better option?

Are there any other (legal) ways to stream NFL games?

Fly Eagles Fly

stargazer
With some effort, you can choose your own "area" in youtube TV. That will show you all games showing in say Philadelphia. It will also change all local channels which may be annoying to you.
Sunday ticket is cheaper if its for a student. Do you have one in your household?

bradshaw1965
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by bradshaw1965 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 am

TheOscarGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

With some effort, you can choose your own "area" in youtube TV. That will show you all games showing in say Philadelphia. It will also change all local channels which may be annoying to you.
Sunday ticket is cheaper if its for a student. Do you have one in your household?
Circumvention of local area gets into some shady variants of "legal".

rich126
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by rich126 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:00 am

bradshaw1965 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm
This is probably your best bet for all of the nuances.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/wiki/nflguide

Sunday Ticket is Sundays only, you'll need a basic streaming package from the likes of Sling, Vue, YoutubeTv for Mondays, NFL Game Pass is useful but is not live in the US, the games are available to stream immediately after it airs, which is better then last year which was after *all* the games had finished.
Thanks for posting that.

Some of the info is a bit misleading.
There are 256 regular season games for the 2019-2020 NFL season. At least 232 of those games will be aired on FOX, CBS, or NBC which are available over-the-air (OTA) free of charge to approximately 97% of U.S. households.
Well, sure, kind of. They may be aired on OTA channels but unless you are in that market, or can do something to make it appear you are in the market of the team you want to watch, they aren't exactly available over the air.

I'm not sure why they make it so hard to watch games of teams out of the market. It isn't as if the team owner is losing ticket money since you can't just get up and go to the game.

From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be an easy solution if you live in Arizona and want to watch all of the Eagles or Ravens or some other market games. I might sign up for Vue just to test it out since I only have streaming at this time. Fortunately my sports interest has died dramatically over the last 10 years so I don't miss watching games any more.

Good luck and if you find an easy legal way, let us know.

bloom2708
Posts: 6769
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by bloom2708 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am

Monday Night Football

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/MNF

All games on ESPN. Solution: Cable package with ESPN

Thursday Night Football

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

Games on NFL Network, Fox or Amazon Prime Video. Solution: Cable package with NFL Network, antenna or Amazon Prime membership.

Sunday games:

Games on local channels. No (legal) solution if the game isn't on TV. You can watch after the game is over.

DirecTV with NFL Sunday Ticket subscription if you are a diehard fan and have to be on the Wentz Wagon for every game.
“People don’t want advice, they want confirmation.” Unknown

TheOscarGuy
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Where I wanna be.

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by TheOscarGuy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 am

bradshaw1965 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 am
TheOscarGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

With some effort, you can choose your own "area" in youtube TV. That will show you all games showing in say Philadelphia. It will also change all local channels which may be annoying to you.
Sunday ticket is cheaper if its for a student. Do you have one in your household?
Circumvention of local area gets into some shady variants of "legal".
google terms of service...maybe. But I doubt its illegal. VPN would do something similar for you, pretending the IP is coming from US, when say you are in foreign country, s.t. one may use apps that only work stateside.

wilshuer
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by wilshuer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:20 am

Do you have family within the broadcast area?

My solution was to purchase an AirTV, set up in my parent's house with a simple antenna. I can then watch through the Sling app on Roku at home in different state, or even on iphone or ipad while I'm traveling.

Has worked well for 2 years, haven't had to touch it. The downside is no pause, etc - however I believe the newer units now have a DVR. Total cost at the time for me was ~$110.

User avatar
KSOC
Posts: 409
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by KSOC » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:38 pm

stargazer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 pm
Lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan. I live outside of the broadcast area for the team's games.

I have a basic cable TV package (channels 2 through 13). I wish to be able to stream all Eagles games, whether on Sundays, Mondays, or Thursdays.

My understanding is that the NFL Sunday Ticket is restricted to Sunday games. Is this correct? Or are Monday and Thursday games available as add-ons?

Is the NFL Game Pass a better option?

Are there any other (legal) ways to stream NFL games?

Fly Eagles Fly

stargazer
This a tad off Sunday Ticket. I stopped watching NFL but not the Phillies & Flyers. Have you heard of "The Philly Pass"?
You can watch the pre-game & post-game coverage (live or on-demand) of Eagles, Phillies & Flyers. It's from NBC Sports Philly. One year sub cost me $24.99. Worth it to me.
Too soon old, too late smart.

TLWaterhouse
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by TLWaterhouse » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:48 pm

www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams

You'll have pop-up ads but I used it reliably every weekend last season.

Tip: Use Buffstreamz when possible.

bradshaw1965
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by bradshaw1965 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:03 pm

TheOscarGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 am
bradshaw1965 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 am
TheOscarGuy wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

With some effort, you can choose your own "area" in youtube TV. That will show you all games showing in say Philadelphia. It will also change all local channels which may be annoying to you.
Sunday ticket is cheaper if its for a student. Do you have one in your household?
Circumvention of local area gets into some shady variants of "legal".
google terms of service...maybe. But I doubt its illegal. VPN would do something similar for you, pretending the IP is coming from US, when say you are in foreign country, s.t. one may use apps that only work stateside.
A lot of folks were doing this for International Game Pass and circumventing the expensive Sunday ticket. They ended up being blocked mid-season with VPN changes. It definitely is more cat and mouse game with potential loss of service then a legal question, that's why I put it in quotes. Blackout rules are infuriating so I get the incentive.

fareastwarriors
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by fareastwarriors » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 pm

They don't make it easy that's for sure. Easier to just switch team!

User avatar
Topic Author
stargazer
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by stargazer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 pm

OP here. Thanks for the responses.

Is NFL Sunday Ticket available as a streaming-only option if one is not a DirectTV satellite subscriber?

stargazer

jacoavlu
Posts: 752
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by jacoavlu » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 pm

I believe it’s available for streaming only if you’re in an area that can’t accomodate a dish. Like a college dorm, or a lair deep in the heart of a mountain.

rterickson
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by rterickson » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:45 pm

jacoavlu wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 pm
I believe it’s available for streaming only if you’re in an area that can’t accomodate a dish. Like a college dorm, or a lair deep in the heart of a mountain.
There is an eligible address search feature for the streaming-only service on the DirecTV website.

FWIW, It looks like Sunday Ticket is currently free if you sign a contract for new satellite TV service (Choice Package or above).

I didn't see it mentioned above, but the Sunday Night Football games on NBC are not available on Sunday Ticket.

confusedinvestor
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

How to watch Football games online in budget ?

Post by confusedinvestor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 pm

[Thread merge into here, see below. --admin LadyGeek]

Folks,
I was an employee of a large telecommunication company and as I lost all employee discounts, I had no choice to cancel my TV subscriptions 110$+tax

All I want to watch is NFL games and Collage football

Which option is better ?

YouTube TV ?

Any recommendations ?

thanks all.

Silverado
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: How to watch Football games online in budget ?

Post by Silverado » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:42 pm

We are trying YouTube TV, and it seems decent. Got it for same reason.

youngpleb
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm
Location: VA, USA

Re: How to watch Football games online in budget ?

Post by youngpleb » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm

I had to fire up a Youtube TV trial for one of my college team's games (it was on ACC Network and my cable provider didn't have that). I was really impressed with their channel selection and their app in general. I think it lagged once the entire game. Since it is month to month I think it is hard to beat since you just cancel it after football is done.

My team had a second game on the ACC Network and I tried a Hulu Live trial for that one...it was still pretty good. Lagged a few times and I didn't like the app design as much, but it worked fairly well.

User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 57014
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by LadyGeek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:57 pm

I merged confusedinvestor's thread into the on-going discussion. The combined thread is in the Personal Consumer Issues forum (streaming service).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

drawpoker
Posts: 2521
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:33 pm
Location: Delmarva

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by drawpoker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I have another tip for you.

Do not stare directly at the Redskins/Dolphins game Sunday. Eye damage could result.

lostinjersey
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by lostinjersey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:09 pm

We get a lot of games with youtubetv. Way more that I expected. Includes Mondays and Thursdays.

Plus a cloud DVR with unlimited recording.

Highly recommend.

confusedinvestor
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

Re: How to watch Football games online in budget ?

Post by confusedinvestor » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 pm

How do you find the local channels like NBC, CBS, FOX to see Sunday games in YouTube TV ?

Silverado wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:42 pm
We are trying YouTube TV, and it seems decent. Got it for same reason.

Copper John
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Copper John » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:20 pm

For the NFL you will want a provider that can pick up the local network affiliates if you do not have an antenna that picks up those stations. Thursday' night games are all over the place Fox, NFL Network, Amazon Prime Video and where to find them seems to change week to week.
CBS
Fox
NBC
NFL Network

For college football it gets a bit more tricky as it will depend on the conferences/teams that most important to you. This lineup would get almost all of them:

Fox
ABC
CBS
NBC
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNU
CBS Sports Network
FS1
Big 10 Network
SEC Network
ACC Network
Pac 12 Network

For $55/month I get all of the above with the exception of the PAC12 network on the Sony Playstation VUE streaming service. The local network affiliates you can get are highly dependent on what area you live in as access to them often requires contracts between the local affiliates and the streaming provider. To get the the bulk of the above channels that telecast college and NFL football on the streaming services will cost you around $50-$55. I don't believe Youtube has the NFL network.

You can use the below link to input your market and the channels you require. This site will then show the various streaming services and display whether they stream those channels. It will also display the price and the streaming devices that will work with each service.

https://www.suppose.tv/tv

Xrayman69
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Xrayman69 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:42 am

Yahoo sports streams free Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night NFL games.

Sunday ticket takes care of Sunday day games.

Silverado
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: How to watch Football games online in budget ?

Post by Silverado » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:18 pm

confusedinvestor wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 pm
How do you find the local channels like NBC, CBS, FOX to see Sunday games in YouTube TV ?

Silverado wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:42 pm
We are trying YouTube TV, and it seems decent. Got it for same reason.
Not sure I understand the question. YouTube TV has ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and ESPN as part of the standard $50 a month price.

That fills my need pretty well.

gr7070
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by gr7070 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:37 pm

fareastwarriors wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:41 pm
They don't make it easy that's for sure. Easier to just switch team!
Unless you're a Packers fan/owner. Switching teams isn't an option!

; )

confusedinvestor
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by confusedinvestor » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm

just singed up with YouTube TV

so far happy.

1. Do you guys know if they charge any broadcasting fees like cable companies ?

2. Any other fees and taxes I should budget on ?

3. Looks like more ads vs regular TV. Anyway to cut out ads for the recorded session ?

User avatar
noraz123
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:23 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by noraz123 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:18 pm

confusedinvestor wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm
1. Do you guys know if they charge any broadcasting fees like cable companies ?

2. Any other fees and taxes I should budget on ?
All fees and taxes are baked into the price. So much better and transparent than my previous cable company.
confusedinvestor wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm

3. Looks like more ads vs regular TV. Anyway to cut out ads for the recorded session ?
I don't think that there are any more ads than what's on cable or satellite, but still lots of ads.

I don't believe that you can cut them out, but you can fast forward through most of them. I have heard that some shows that get recorded do not allow fast forwarding through ads, but I've yet to see this in any of the shows that I have recorded.

confusedinvestor
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by confusedinvestor » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Thank you noraz123

So far I am very happy with YouTube TV

Looks like the best option for the price with all Local Channels - NBC, CBS, FOX.

Sling is offering free HD Antenna as they don't offer all 4 local channels and I don't know how good the reception and quality will be with HD Antenna ?

Sling seems cheaper vs YouTube TV

I am planning to keep my subscriptions of YouTubeTV, thanks again for your feedback
noraz123 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:18 pm
confusedinvestor wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm
1. Do you guys know if they charge any broadcasting fees like cable companies ?

2. Any other fees and taxes I should budget on ?
All fees and taxes are baked into the price. So much better and transparent than my previous cable company.
confusedinvestor wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:37 pm

3. Looks like more ads vs regular TV. Anyway to cut out ads for the recorded session ?
I don't think that there are any more ads than what's on cable or satellite, but still lots of ads.

I don't believe that you can cut them out, but you can fast forward through most of them. I have heard that some shows that get recorded do not allow fast forwarding through ads, but I've yet to see this in any of the shows that I have recorded.

MtnTraveler
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by MtnTraveler » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 pm

NFL game pass works really well and its $99 plus taxes (as long as you can wait till the game is over to watch it with no commercials).

Xrayman69
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Xrayman69 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:42 am

Game pass also gives you option to turn off spoiler alert.

rich126
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by rich126 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 am

MtnTraveler wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 pm
NFL game pass works really well and its $99 plus taxes (as long as you can wait till the game is over to watch it with no commercials).
When it comes to sports, I'm not much of a watch after it is over type of person. I find it hard to avoid finding out who won and at that point, I have lost all interest in watching it. The most I can do, and would often do, is that when I had Tivo and cable TV, is that I would start recording the game and then watch it after about an hour had gone by so that I could FF through the ads.

I think sports leagues are missing out on some money by not allowing people to buy a package to follow a single team. For example, a Bears fan living in Arizona. Let them pay $100, $200 and get access (live) to all of the Bears games. I guess the major problem is that the games are spread over so many networks. Instead a lot of people just get annoyed with all of the hassles and end up not giving any money to the NFL.

I'm a Ravens fan in AZ and I can watch some games over the air, some free via Amazon or whatever streaming and then the rest I just either don't watch (like Sunday's game) or visit a local restaurant/bar to watch it. Fortunately my obsessive sports days are in the past. At least MLB makes it easy to listen to the games with the MLB app, I don't think the NFL has even done that although I know they do have an app. MLB charges a small amount ($25?) to listen to the games live. I'd be happy with that for the NFL, even if it was $50.

As someone who gave up cable/satellite when I moved out west in June, I can't say I miss the live TV. I have Netflix and Amazon which covers a ton of stuff and occasionally pay for a movie ($3-6) or watch free stuff with ads on services like Vudu, Roku, etc. The money was less an issue than all of the crazy plans the cable provided has, and the bargain first year price but requires a 2 year contract with a much higher price. Then you have to call in to cancel or fight for a new price. Life is too short to deal with that stuff. Verizon was bad enough back east.

User avatar
Nate79
Posts: 5011
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Nate79 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:24 am

rich126 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 am
MtnTraveler wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:50 pm
NFL game pass works really well and its $99 plus taxes (as long as you can wait till the game is over to watch it with no commercials).
When it comes to sports, I'm not much of a watch after it is over type of person. I find it hard to avoid finding out who won and at that point, I have lost all interest in watching it. The most I can do, and would often do, is that when I had Tivo and cable TV, is that I would start recording the game and then watch it after about an hour had gone by so that I could FF through the ads.

I think sports leagues are missing out on some money by not allowing people to buy a package to follow a single team. For example, a Bears fan living in Arizona. Let them pay $100, $200 and get access (live) to all of the Bears games. I guess the major problem is that the games are spread over so many networks. Instead a lot of people just get annoyed with all of the hassles and end up not giving any money to the NFL.

I'm a Ravens fan in AZ and I can watch some games over the air, some free via Amazon or whatever streaming and then the rest I just either don't watch (like Sunday's game) or visit a local restaurant/bar to watch it. Fortunately my obsessive sports days are in the past. At least MLB makes it easy to listen to the games with the MLB app, I don't think the NFL has even done that although I know they do have an app. MLB charges a small amount ($25?) to listen to the games live. I'd be happy with that for the NFL, even if it was $50.

As someone who gave up cable/satellite when I moved out west in June, I can't say I miss the live TV. I have Netflix and Amazon which covers a ton of stuff and occasionally pay for a movie ($3-6) or watch free stuff with ads on services like Vudu, Roku, etc. The money was less an issue than all of the crazy plans the cable provided has, and the bargain first year price but requires a 2 year contract with a much higher price. Then you have to call in to cancel or fight for a new price. Life is too short to deal with that stuff. Verizon was bad enough back east.
I agree that trying to watch your favorite team LIVE after moving out of the network local area is a huge pain. The NFL could fix this if they wanted to.
The NFL app allows you to listen to all the games live with both the home and away teams radio announcers.

batpot
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by batpot » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:04 pm

I found this interesting free service if you want to watch a team form one of their respective markets:
https://www.locast.org/
Have not tried it out, but might play with it next weekend.
https://506sports.com/nfl/ shows what games will air in what markets.

Was really disappointed to learn that ESPN's standalone subscription doesn't include national ESPN broadcasts. :annoyed
Monday night games you're pretty much required to have a cable/streaming package with ESPN.

Target2019
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Target2019 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Watched Eagles - Vikings game on Hulu Live. Usually I watch on local Fox channel. I believe all the games will stream, no matter the channel. Will soon find out.

batpot
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by batpot » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Target2019 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:41 pm
Watched Eagles - Vikings game on Hulu Live. Usually I watch on local Fox channel. I believe all the games will stream, no matter the channel. Will soon find out.
what do you mean "all of the games will stream"? Every "locally broadcasted" game is selectable? Not just the one from your region?

Also, I tried Hulu TV during March Madness, and was shocked when a game went into overtime, and the feed just cut off at its scheduled run time.
Hulu does not just stream a channel, but instead streams shows. You can't even browse by channel, just shows. It was really weird.

Target2019
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Target2019 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Meant I will probably be able to see the home team no matter the channel it's on. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, etc. Hulu Live has all channels (except Comcast sports net which I don't watch.)

Hulu Live has many features beyond lower tier of Hulu. Definitely can browse channels.

confusedinvestor
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 am

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by confusedinvestor » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:25 am

Do you mean Hulu + Live TV ? 45$/month ?

Which is better ? Hulu TV 45$ vs YouTube TV 50$ ?

Just asking your opinions
Target2019 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:13 pm
Meant I will probably be able to see the home team no matter the channel it's on. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, etc. Hulu Live has all channels (except Comcast sports net which I don't watch.)

Hulu Live has many features beyond lower tier of Hulu. Definitely can browse channels.

Target2019
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Re: Ability to Stream NFL Games (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays)

Post by Target2019 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:30 am

I call it Hulu Live. I don't have premium Youtube, and can't compare.
This link may help you decide:
https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellit ... tv-review/

Post Reply