Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
CULater

Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by CULater » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am

I'm thinking about looking at John Knox Village senior independent living community in Kansas City. Wondering what it's like to live there and what kind of $$ we're talking about. Would appreciate any input.
On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

dbr

Re: Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by dbr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am

CULater wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am
I'm thinking about looking at John Knox Village senior independent living community in Kansas City. Wondering what it's like to live there and what kind of $$ we're talking about. Would appreciate any input.
I know nothing about them, but I do know that if you want to know what it will cost you to live there you need to contact them and discuss the costs. I see they have different arrangement and different levels of service and care, so the cost will vary hugely depending on your particular circumstances.

Castanea_d.

Re: Anyone live in (or familiar with) John Knox Village in Kansas City?

Post by Castanea_d. » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 pm

My in-laws have lived there for all of their retirement; they love it. When they were in their sixties and seventies they were quite active in activities (trips, etc.) and made a lot of friends; now that they are in their 80's/early 90's they don't do nearly so much, but they still love it and the facility is taking good care of them.