Should I worry about taxation of seller's accured interest in buying tbills?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
duricka

Should I worry about taxation of seller's accured interest in buying tbills?

Post by duricka » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 pm

For now I bough only those bills that had 0 accrued interest. Should I assume Schwab will correctly report my part of profit if I buy a t bill with non-zero interest paid to the seller?

invst65

Re: Should I worry about taxation of seller's accured interest in buying tbills?

Post by invst65 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 am

Seems to me a simple calculation of proceeds upon redemption minus cost basis just like any other transaction. Don't see how they could screw it up.

I Don't know about Schwab but I buy T-bills all the time on Fidelity and never had a problem.

Doc

Re: Should I worry about taxation of seller's accured interest in buying tbills?

Post by Doc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 am

duricka wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 pm
For now I bough only those bills that had 0 accrued interest. Should I assume Schwab will correctly report my part of profit if I buy a t bill with non-zero interest paid to the seller?
Schwab does not "screw it up".
A scientist looks for THE answer to a problem, an engineer looks for AN answer and lawyers ONLY have opinions. Investing is not a science.