Best personal network cloud solution?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
MikeZ

Best personal network cloud solution?

Post by MikeZ » Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am

I recently bought a Asus router with AiCloud that seems to be close to what I want as far as being able to attach an external hard drive and access the files on any device anywhere.

I also have a Raspberry Pi with the intentions of playing around with it. My main requirement is that I want a personal cloud that will have an iPhone/Android app that auto backs up the photos to the device, easy PC backup, and an easy interface for my DW would be nice too. It seems like for Aicloud photo backup is a manual process and the iPhone app requires you manually select each photo too so not as good as I hoped but also does not require you manually connect to our network from your phone.

Just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. Again, goal is on-prem storage without subscription.

3dream3

Re: Best personal network cloud solution?

Post by 3dream3 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I just bought a Western Digital My Cloud about a month ago and seems to be working good for us. One of the reasons that I got this was to automatically back up my wife's photos/videos on her phone (currently set over wifi only) so this has actually turned out to be a nice solution for that in addition to backing mine up too.

https://www.wdc.com/products/personal-c ... 40HWT-NESN