Sams' Mastercard Cashback Check Arrive

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Leesbro63

Sams' Mastercard Cashback Check Arrive

Post by Leesbro63 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:32 am

Anyone get their 2018 Sam's Mastercard Cashback check? It seems that I had mine in early Feb in prior years, but it's not here yet. Just checking with others.

Edit on Feb 21st: Mine did arrive today.
Last edited by Leesbro63 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katon

Re: Sams' Mastercard Cashback Check Arrive

Post by katon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 am

what is this ? sorry i am from Israel.

music_man

Post by music_man » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am

Just got mine last week. I went to cash at Sam's as well as cancelled my account (since one closest to me closed) and got pleasant surprise of refund on my annual membership as well.

Toons

Post by Toons » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 am

Got Mine Last Week.
Gave the check to the wife.
Decided not to use it anymore.
Don't want to wait 12 months.
Now use Amazon Prime Chase Card.
:mrgreen:
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity" –Bruce Lee

KT785

Post by KT785 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:16 am

We received ours yesterday; will be cashing it in this weekend and sending the funds to Vanguard :D

I've recently opened a Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) for the ancillary travel benefits (lounge access, primary car rental insurance, etc.) so my dining and travel spend will be moved away from the Sam's card going forward and it will be relegated just to gas stations and the periodic promotional purchases at Sam's (bonus back for Sam's online purchases, using the scan and go app, etc.). I'm a bit of a credit card bonus chaser, so fully acknowledge the annual fee associated with the CSR.

Given the great support and infrastructure of my various other cards (Chase, AMEX, Citi, etc.) I've been quite disappointed with Synchrony and the Sam's MasterCard--no standalone app, slow notifications, poor website. One of the most glaring problems though, for those who may not be aware, is that there is no car rental coverage at all with this card even though one of the promotional categories is "travel".