How unwise is it to move to a high-tax fiscally-shaky state? (Connecticut)

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Re: How unwise is it to move to a high-tax fiscally-shaky state? (Connecticut)

Post by nisiprius » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:12 am

Valuethinker wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 am
nisiprius wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm
[Ranking stuff]
I don't think you can count UC campuses as "one". Very different universities.

Amazed at UTA ranking because my perception is its way up there. Top 10 or 15 public universities. I have encountered grads from its business programme, and have been impressed.
I wasn't really trying to rank stuff or determine whether the University of Texas has an edge over UConn. My point is just that UConn and the University of Texas are in the same broad category: "real," first-rate, good universities... not world-famous household names but places where you can get a high-credibility degree. As for the accuracy of U.S. News and World Report's rankings, well, it is what it is. There is a demand for rankings so there is a supply.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.