Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2018!

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
SimplicityNow

Re: Roll Call for the Retirement Class of 2018!

Post by SimplicityNow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 am

Congratulations to the Class of 2018 from a recent graduate of the Class of 2017 (October).

I know the decision can be a difficult one but rest assured many of the doubts will fade once you take the plunge.

Best of luck to all.

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm

MulesFan wrote: Tick Tock, baby! I have 8 working days left. Just said goodbye to a bunch of statewide colleagues. Those folks are the source of great joy & support and have been for 35 years. Replacement starts Monday so we will have a week+ to either enjoy or irritate each other. :shock: Hoping for the 1st option but have enough PTO that if the 2nd arises I can make myself scarce.
Oh I love it, same for me, 34 years same office with the best colleagues I could ever hope for. :D But it looks like you "go with the flow" - you work and make it the best time and you retire and make it the best time - no weepy emotional regrets (like me :mrgreen: )

Looks like tomorrow is THE DAY :beer So, what's on your Active Retired Force agenda??

MulesFan

Post by MulesFan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Yes. Tomorrow at 7 pm is my last Board meeting. Walking in as Director, walking out as former Director. Thursday morning I hop on train to St Louis to visit friends for a couple of days. Big trip is this fall - Jordan & Egypt.

PS. Replacement has been a treat. She has drained my brain. She’s smart, practical & experienced. I’m leaving the place in good hands.

MnD

Post by MnD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Miriam2 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm
Here is the latest roster for the Retirement Class of 2018!
__ ___ MnD
__ ___ TinyTim (70)
__ ___ bayview
__ ___ Sparky1500
Put me down for Friday, November 30.
Far end of my range, but it seems manageable now at 5.X months and I'll get to go to our annual trade association meeting in mid-November where i am an officer and is always a blast. My recommended replacement was just approved so that's also one less thing to worry about. This is going smoother than expected so far - knock on wood! :beer

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm

MnD wrote: Put me down for Friday, November 30.
Far end of my range, but it seems manageable now at 5.X months and I'll get to go to our annual trade association meeting in mid-November where i am an officer and is always a blast. My recommended replacement was just approved so that's also one less thing to worry about. This is going smoother than expected so far - knock on wood! :beer
Ok, we'll put you down for Nov. 30, and if you Punch Out earlier, let us know.

Glad to hear everything is going smooooooth for phasing out of your work and phasing into your retirement 8-) Your last annual trade association meeting in mid-November should be a Real Blast - why just think of the possibilities!! you could just keep the Real Blast going for two more weeks at work until Punch Out Day!

Miriam2

Post by Miriam2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 pm

MulesFan wrote: Tomorrow at 7 pm is my last Board meeting. Walking in as Director, walking out as former Director. Thursday morning I hop on train to St Louis to visit friends for a couple of days. Big trip is this fall - Jordan & Egypt.

PS. Replacement has been a treat. She has drained my brain. She’s smart, practical & experienced. I’m leaving the place in good hands.
Congratulations MulesFan! Walking in as Director - and what a great Director you've been all these years :D - and walking out as Former Director - and may we add, as our newest member of this Awesome Active Retired Class 8-) You can retire in peace, knowing you did a great job working and a great job keeping that company prospering with your new replacement. Sounds like your replacement will have big expectations to fill and that you will be missed by your co-workers. Enjoy your new freedom :happy