Judge Our Lazy Portfolios

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
irishnick23

Judge Our Lazy Portfolios

Post by irishnick23 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 am

My wife and I both have 401k's with Fidelity and we are lazy investors. I'd love to hear some advice on our allocations. We are 25 so happy to take on a lot of risk (9/10 on the theoretical risk scale). The fund options we have chosen are the only index funds available in our portfolios. The only other fund available to both of us without high fees (over 1%) worth considering is the Fidelity 2055 Target Date (.77%). I'd love to get people's thoughts on both our allocations and their experience with the various funds in our portfolios:

Mine:
FUSEX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
FSGDX (27%)
FBIDX (10%)

Hers:
FXSIX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
VFWIX (27%)
FSITX (10%)

oldcomputerguy

Re: Judge Our Lazy Portfolios

Post by oldcomputerguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 pm

irishnick23 wrote:My wife and I both have 401k's with Fidelity and we are lazy investors. I'd love to hear some advice on our allocations. We are 25 so happy to take on a lot of risk (9/10 on the theoretical risk scale). The fund options we have chosen are the only index funds available in our portfolios. The only other fund available to both of us without high fees (over 1%) worth considering is the Fidelity 2055 Target Date (.77%). I'd love to get people's thoughts on both our allocations and their experience with the various funds in our portfolios:

Mine:
FUSEX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
FSGDX (27%)
FBIDX (10%)

Hers:
FXSIX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
VFWIX (27%)
FSITX (10%)

You have funds here that will work well for you. Good choices. She has the advantage of the Institutional S&P500 and the Premium bond fund, but other than that they look very similar and should be very good.

My 401k was at Fidelity until just recently (now it's a Fido IRA), but I was in several of these funds in our plan, and had no complaints.
Anybody know why there's a 20-pound frozen turkey up in the light grid?

pokebowl

Post by pokebowl » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:58 pm

irishnick23 wrote:My wife and I both have 401k's with Fidelity and we are lazy investors. I'd love to hear some advice on our allocations. We are 25 so happy to take on a lot of risk (9/10 on the theoretical risk scale). The fund options we have chosen are the only index funds available in our portfolios. The only other fund available to both of us without high fees (over 1%) worth considering is the Fidelity 2055 Target Date (.77%). I'd love to get people's thoughts on both our allocations and their experience with the various funds in our portfolios:

Mine:
FUSEX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
FSGDX (27%)
FBIDX (10%)

Hers:
FXSIX (50%)
FSEVX (13%)
VFWIX (27%)
FSITX (10%)

Good picks. One suggestion as someone else who is using fidelity. I recently moved my bond allocations from FSITX/FBIDX to FIBAX. This fund acts the same in term of average length of FSITX/FBIDX. However its all in Treasury bonds. Unlike the total US bond funds which throw in mortgage, credit, corporate, and less AAA bonds that may subject you to more volatility during troubled times when you need bonds to act like bonds. If you are comfortable with a total bond market, no issues.

That being said if your 401k does not offer FIBAX, stick with FSITX/FBIDX

ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Welcome to the forum :) .

Those funds are good choices.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started