Innovis Credit Bureau

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Innovis Credit Bureau

Post by Leesbro63 »

What is it? As per Clark Howard circa 2008, I locked down my credit at the 3 credit bureaus then. It's worked fabulously. I did recently get a letter from the IRS that someone tried to get a transcript of my tax return but they blocked it. They suggested I check my credit blah blah blah, but offered no additional "action step" to do.

Anyway, the point of this post is Innovis. What is it? Do I need to lock that down too? And next year will there be another and another? What's REALLY safe?
cheese_breath

Re: Innovis Credit Bureau

Post by cheese_breath »

The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.
nordlead

Post by nordlead »

The answer is there are many more than 3 credit bureaus.

The thing is most people only care about the big 3 national credit bureaus as those are the ones pulled for consumer CC's, car loans, and mortgages. If you lock those 3, odds are you locked enough credit agencies that any fraudster will find someone else's identity to steal. However, the are also credit bureaus for businesses, renters, and regional ones too.
takeshi

Post by takeshi »

It's one of the bureaus outside of the big 3. As stated above and in other threads there are many more. Some of the more common secondary ones in addition to Innovis are LexisNexis, ARS and SageStream.
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

So in the real world is locking down the Big 3 enough, or is that now just merely a half-measure?