Master thread for Washington DC Area Bogleheads

Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements
bobcat2

Re: Master thread for Washington DC Area Bogleheads

Post by bobcat2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm

The next meeting of DC Bogleheads will be this coming Sunday, January 20, from 2:30-4:30 in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring library. David Grabiner will be making a presentation on charitable giving and I will be giving a short presentation on one of my favorite reports about the personal financial status of American families.

Our meeting will be in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910.

The library is a short walk from the Silver Spring station on the Metro Red Line. Take the "South side Colesville Road" exit from the Metro station, turn right, then right on Wayne Avenue (walking around the bus depot), and go five blocks to Fenton Street; the library is on the right.

Parking garages in downtown Silver Spring are free on Sundays. The closest garage is at Wayne and Fenton, diagonally across from the library.

BobK
In finance risk is defined as uncertainty that is consequential (nontrivial). | The two main methods of dealing with financial risk are the matching of assets to goals & diversifying.

Scotttheking

Post by Scotttheking » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm

bobcat2 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm
The next meeting of DC Bogleheads will be this coming Sunday, January 20, from 2:30-4:30 in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring library. David Grabiner will be making a presentation on charitable giving and I will be giving a short presentation on one of my favorite reports about the personal financial status of American families.

Our meeting will be in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910.

The library is a short walk from the Silver Spring station on the Metro Red Line. Take the "South side Colesville Road" exit from the Metro station, turn right, then right on Wayne Avenue (walking around the bus depot), and go five blocks to Fenton Street; the library is on the right.

Parking garages in downtown Silver Spring are free on Sundays. The closest garage is at Wayne and Fenton, diagonally across from the library.

BobK
Hmm, I am going to try to make this.

bobcat2

Post by bobcat2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Just a reminder that our next meeting is tomorrow, January 20, from 2:30-4:30 in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring library. David Grabiner will be making a presentation on charitable giving and I will be giving a brief presentation on the benefits and costs of Social Security and Medicare.

We will be in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910.

BobK
In finance risk is defined as uncertainty that is consequential (nontrivial). | The two main methods of dealing with financial risk are the matching of assets to goals & diversifying.

SGM

Post by SGM » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm

I will try to make the meeting as the weather up north has interfered with prior plans.

Topic Author
grabiner
Advisory Board

Post by grabiner » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:41 am

bobcat2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:26 pm
We will be in meeting room #2 of the Silver Spring Library, 900 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Minor correction; we will be in room #1.
Wiki David Grabiner

RicoRico

Post by RicoRico » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello, I reside in Alexandria and would love to attend the next DC meeting. How do I get on the list?