we may have enough people to do break-out discussion groups after initial introductions. do you have any topics / agenda items that you want to discuss?
1) “formal” intro your name, forum name (if applicable), what you want to get out of today’s meeting
2A) recent interesting diehard threads or polls
2B) changes you’re hoping to make in 2008
2C) steve showing his portfolio software
3) full group want do you want to learn in next 12 months?
4A) asset allocation reviews (%s only) bring 10 copies if you want to get peer reviewed
4B) leading pres. candidates views and how those views may affect our portfolios/economy
4C) financial metrics that you track for your household
5) full group the market so far in '08. where from here?
6) full group wrapup, next meeting timing / location / format
other group discussion ideas (for third group, or as time allows)
- estate planning: wills, trusts, how set up? cost?
- tax mgmt for retirement accounts (401ks, roth IRAs, SEPs) vs. taxable accounts
- diversifying retirement accounts (roth? 401k? after-tax? 529s?)
- one concrete way diehards/bogleheads/vanguard have helped you out
- favorite / funny stories about investing
- your worst investing mistake
- ETFs. who is using them? why? how to select them?