Denver Area - 12 March 1:30 p.m.

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Denver Area - 12 March 1:30 p.m.

Post by cowboyinasia »

The first Denver Area Bogleheads meeting - today 12 February - went very well. Thanks to all who made it a success! We had a mix of backgrounds, experience levels and perspectives, and everyone came away with ideas and enthusiasm.

Next meeting is in one month's time, March 12th at 1:30 p.m. at the same location Denny's at Wadsworth and Hampden, 3580 S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, CO, 80235. (we may change location in the future, but to keep it simple will stick with this place for now.)

Future get-togethers will continue to be informal and friendly, and we identified some topics to dig into such as:
- Allocations and diversification
- Estate planning – wills, beneficiaries, gifting
- Expenses and commissions
- Fixed income - bonds, CDs, TIPS, treasuries, funds
- Information – experts, web sites, books, magazines
- Long term health care
- Retirement – preparing for, nearing, entering, enjoying
- Taxes
- Tax favorable accounts: IRAs, Roths, 401(k)
- Etc.

For the March 12th meeting, we'll spend some time on bonds and related fixed income vehicles, as well as other topics of interest and enjoyment.

If you want more information about this Bogleheads Chapter, just PM me or send an email to denverareabogleheads@gmail.com

Thanks again to everyone who turned out today!

See you in March . . .
clock98

mtg

Post by clock98 »

How long did the meeting go?
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Congratulations on your successful first meeting, cowboyinasia.

Thanks for stepping forward and agreeing to be the Local Chapter coordinator. The hard part's out of the way now (organizing and getting the first meeting behind you). It will be much easier from now on.

Feel free to use this sub-forum to communicate with your members. That's what it's here for.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
wak

Denver Bogleheads

Post by wak »

Sorry I missed it! See you next month.
indexer

Post by indexer »

Sorry I missed the meeting. Will definitely try to make it to the next one.
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Post by cowboyinasia »

Greetings Bogleheads,

March is here, and the next Denver Area Chapter meeting is the weekend after next – Saturday, March 12th at 1:30 p.m. at the Denny's at Wadsworth and Hampden, 3580 S. Wadsworth, Lakewood, CO, 80235. Last meeting was 2 hours, although if you want to join but leave early that is fine.

For the March 12th meeting, we'll spend some time on bonds and related fixed income vehicles, as well as other topics of interest and enjoyment.

If you want to get email updates, send your email contact to denverareabogleheads@gmail.com.

Cheers
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Post by cowboyinasia »

Hello!

Saturday is just few days away, and already I've heard from some people who will be there.

Just so we know how big a table is needed, if you are coming please reply to this thread, or send me an email to denverareabogleheads@gmail.com.

Stay warm!