Men's T-shirt Recommendation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
JMacDonald

Re: Men's T-shirt Recommendation

Post by JMacDonald »

bendix wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:29 pm What´s wrong with Costco´s Kirkland T-Shirts?
I think these are great T-Shirts:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signatu ... 54787.html
Best Wishes, | Joe
itaos

Post by itaos »

I just went through this search and landed on fresh clean threads cotton/poly blend. Prior to that I was using Next Level tri-blend but wanted a longer length.
Galaxy8

Post by Galaxy8 »

For general wear t-shirts that are plain, decent form, comfortable and cheap, I buy cotton Gildan shirts from Michael's (the hobby / art supply store). They have any color you could want and the shirts cost $2.99.

https://www.michaels.com/product/gildan ... -M10093625
jjj_22

Post by jjj_22 »

Bella + Canvas Triblend 3413 - this is primarily a wholesale shirt to people who print on them but you can probably find plain ones somewhere online. It is lightweight, softer than cotton, doesn’t collect b.o. like some synthetics, and has a nice fit (though they run small I am a small in other brands but a medium here). It is my favorite tee at the moment.

Marine Layer - slightly heavier but all cotton, very soft, and also a nice fit, maybe a smidge less trim than B+C.

Everlane - all cotton, slightly lighter than marine layer, maybe 9/10ths as soft, similar fit.
JakeyLee
Location: From sea to shining sea. But mostly the south west.

Post by JakeyLee »

I bought high end t-shirts for decades. Do yourself a huge favor… Eddie Bauer. I had to wear shirts (black) under my uniform for decades. These shirts aren’t baggy and loose. High quality cotton. I’m a large man. I’m usually forced to wear 2XL, and many of the average shirts I’ve run into are baggy. Eddie Bauer has high quality shirts in XL, that are also “tall”. So form fitting, and not super short. Like, you can still tuck em in. I dunno , check ‘em out :beer
“On balance, the financial system subtracts value from society” | -John Bogle
Tree Guy

Post by Tree Guy »

evelynmanley wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:22 am Buck Mason

https://www.buckmason.com/collections/mens-tees
My favorite and made in the US.
toomanysidehustles

Post by toomanysidehustles »

SubPar wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:55 pm
Designairohio wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:55 am True Classic

https://www.trueclassictees.com/
+1
My wife just got me a 6-pack of true classics on a July 4th promo price. They are very nice and my wife says I do look more fit wearing these shirts.

:sharebeer
bagle

Post by bagle »

Tree Guy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:07 pm
evelynmanley wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:22 am Buck Mason

https://www.buckmason.com/collections/mens-tees
My favorite and made in the US.
Buck Mason's are very good. Nice soft feel, not too tight.

Lady White's are the holy grail for a lot of t-shirt geeks. No seams - made on slow, old-fashioned tubular machines. Thick, high tensile strength, and built to last - like a classic Sears hammer. Not only made in US, but they also grow their own cotton. Very un-BH - cost about $55 each.
220volt

Post by 220volt »

jayjayc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:21 pm Please recommend a high quality men’s t-shirt with the criteria listed below. The purpose is for normal casual wear, not working out. Nearly all my t-shirts are free swag. I now feel like wearing plain t-shirts that look good without being a walking billboard.
  • Form-fitting, not baggy.
  • Hugs the arms. I don’t like when the upper corner of the sleeve flares out from the arm like an awning.
  • No logo or hidden logo. e.g. I like how my black shorts has a tiny black logo on the side seam.
  • Plain. No words written anywhere. No graphics. No artwork.
  • Cotton or cotton blend.
For now let’s say there’s no budget. If it’s expensive I’ll likely wait for a deal since I’m in no rush and I only want a few.
As a European living in the United States, I have been searching for the same criterion for T-shirts for months and years. Surprisingly, it has been incredibly difficult to find such T-shirts in the US. I have tried countless online and in-store options, but they always seem to be lacking something. Most of the time, it's the sleeves flaring up or the poor-quality material. The closest ones I've found are from Hollister, but they're still not perfect. Another option is the Columbia T-shirts available at TJ Maxx, but they do have a small logo. In Europe, I can find perfectly fitting non-branded T-shirts in almost every store. So, whenever my wife and I travel to Europe, I stock up on them.
"If I had only followed the advice of financial analysts in 2008, I'd have a million dollars today, provided I started with a hundred million dollars" - Jon Stewart
bagle

Post by bagle »

jayjayc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:21 pm
As a European living in the United States, I have been searching for the same criterion for T-shirts for months and years. Surprisingly, it has been incredibly difficult to find such T-shirts in the US.
Where have you bought tees in Europe? I’ve had good luck with Arket and Cos.
stan1

Post by stan1 »

220volt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:28 am As a European living in the United States, I have been searching for the same criterion for T-shirts for months and years. Surprisingly, it has been incredibly difficult to find such T-shirts in the US. I have tried countless online and in-store options, but they always seem to be lacking something. Most of the time, it's the sleeves flaring up or the poor-quality material. The closest ones I've found are from Hollister, but they're still not perfect. Another option is the Columbia T-shirts available at TJ Maxx, but they do have a small logo. In Europe, I can find perfectly fitting non-branded T-shirts in almost every store. So, whenever my wife and I travel to Europe, I stock up on them.
Have you tried Son of a Tailor? Not low cost, but designed in Denmark, custom sizing, made in the EU, and high quality. Cheaper than flights to Europe but if you are there for other reasons your current method should work.
220volt

Post by 220volt »

Different small boutiques and markets in Balkans, France and Italy. Mostly non-brands. Just plain inconspicuous T-shirts. I also had luck with European H&M and Zara. I've noticed that they carry different fitting shirts than the same stores in States. Albeit their quality is not that great, but I only cold/warm wash and air dry them. I have so many that none of them have time to wear out :)
"If I had only followed the advice of financial analysts in 2008, I'd have a million dollars today, provided I started with a hundred million dollars" - Jon Stewart
220volt

Post by 220volt »

stan1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:51 am
220volt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:28 am As a European living in the United States, I have been searching for the same criterion for T-shirts for months and years. Surprisingly, it has been incredibly difficult to find such T-shirts in the US. I have tried countless online and in-store options, but they always seem to be lacking something. Most of the time, it's the sleeves flaring up or the poor-quality material. The closest ones I've found are from Hollister, but they're still not perfect. Another option is the Columbia T-shirts available at TJ Maxx, but they do have a small logo. In Europe, I can find perfectly fitting non-branded T-shirts in almost every store. So, whenever my wife and I travel to Europe, I stock up on them.
Have you tried Son of a Tailor? Not low cost, but designed in Denmark, custom sizing, made in the EU, and high quality. Cheaper than flights to Europe but if you are there for other reasons your current method should work.
Very interesting. They look exactly what I'm looking for, but pricey.
pointyhairedboss

Post by pointyhairedboss »

kenai wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:16 amUniqlo

+1