What Book Are You Currently Reading? Part VI

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Allixi

Re: What Book Are You Currently Reading? Part VI

Post by Allixi »

“Noise” by Daniel Kahneman, Cass Sunstein and Oliver Sibony. It’s really making me rethink how I should make my decisions, especially at work.
Dottie57

Post by Dottie57 »

Fallible wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:09 pm
Dottie57 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:42 am
ekid wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:48 pm
Dottie57 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:40 pm Killers of the flower moon.- historical telling of murders of Osage (Oklahoma native americans) in 1910’s through 1930’s. Dry, fact filled history. I find it depressing to read and to know a terrible piece of U.S. history. But I think it is an important read.
Depressing indeed. And so few of us know this history, or any history beyond hagiography as taught in most high-schools.
Had to look up “ hagiography”. I agree with your assessment of the history of U.S. taught in schools.
I've read "Killers" and thought it was excellent, with the somehow unexpected hero being Tom White. Yes, the Indian slaughters are depressing, reminding me of the equally distressing "Trail of Tears":
The Trail of Tears was the forced displacement of approximately 60,000 people of the "Five Civilized Tribes" between 1830 and 1850, and the additional thousands of Native Americans within that were ethnically cleansed by the United States government.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears
Thank you for the link. The current book is hard enough right now.
mancich

Post by mancich »

Just read Tunnel 29, the true story about a tunnel dug under the Berlin Wall in the early 60's. Really good read, highly recommend it
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

jebmke wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:43 pm
CWhea1775 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:41 pm Agree that Killers of the flower moon is an absolutely depressing story about the depths people will sink to steal money from their suppposed "inferiors"

As a bit of a counterpoint and also an excellent read might I suggest;

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History
by S. C. Gwynne

I for one was never taught in school that there was a significant period of time when a tribe (the Comanches in Texas) were actually winning the war against European settlers. Spoiler alert - It also does not end well.

Very interesting and well done book though
Empire was excellent
Both books, Killers of the Flower Moon and Empire of the Summer Moon, are excellent in my opinion. Both are well written, easy to read, and informative histories about events not known to most of us.
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
ekid

Post by ekid »

CWhea1775 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:41 pm Agree that Killers of the flower moon is an absolutely depressing story about the depths people will sink to steal money from their suppposed "inferiors"

As a bit of a counterpoint and also an excellent read might I suggest;

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History
by S. C. Gwynne

I for one was never taught in school that there was a significant period of time when a tribe (the Comanches in Texas) were actually winning the war against European settlers. Spoiler alert - It also does not end well.

Very interesting and well done book though
I've always compared the American "First Peoples" /aborigines to the Mongols of Asia who conquered the largest land mass of any in history. Terrorized all of Europe and Asia.
They were organized by Genghis. And they had the horse long enough to invent new technology.

Not sure it would have been to anyone's advantage?
MP173

Post by MP173 »

James Lee Burke's latest "Clete", from the perspective of Clete, rather than Dave Robischaux.

Ed
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

heartwood wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:07 am Slogging my way through Eruption by Michael Crichton and James Patterson. Crichton died in 2008. His 4th wife found an unfinished manuscript. Patterson finished it.

It gets great ratings https://www.amazon.com/Eruption-Coming- ... merReviews

DW gave up reading it; I'm a third into it.
I do not recommend Eruption. I finished more to see how it ended than any appreciation for the writing. It was a slog in the last quarter/half. Was it Crichton or Patterson that is responsible for the mess?

However Crichton's widow has had his 6 novels written as John Lange in the 1970s reissued. I just finished Drug of Choice
https://www.amazon.com/Drug-Choice-Mich ... 104&sr=8-1

Readable and a lot better than Eruption. Not great by any means but OK.

It's got an interesting Forward that includes Crichton explaining how he wrote novels while in med school and how he wanted to be a writer more than he wanted to be a doctor. Kinda recommended but probably not worth buying.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

After I've posted so many pans of books I've read, I'll give a puff to Eli Cranor's three books

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=eli+cranor+b ... -doa-p_3_4

Don't Know Tough won the Edgar. Ozark Dogs came next and was a good read. I just finished Broiler out this year.

All are Arkansas/Ozark stories. Well written if very gritty. Recommended.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

I'll post about an author I'm curious about. Freida McFadden

Today's NYT has a piece about her https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/22/book ... Position=8

What got my attention "Eleven years, 23 books and more than 6 million copies later, McFadden has become a seemingly permanent fixture on the best-seller list. She is currently the top-selling thriller writer in the United States, beating brand names like James Patterson, David Baldacci and John Grisham so far this year, according to Circana BookScan."

She has 3 books on Amazon's Most Sold Books of the Week June 30, 2024, Nos 1, 3, and 7, all with Housemaid in the titles.

Curiously my several libraries only have a few of her audio books, not a one of her (English language) ebooks. I googled "why no Freida McFadden ebooks". I got a link to an interview wherein she reports "My e-books are exclusive to Amazon, so they are never going to be available in the e-book library.

Yes, I can take a trial subscription to Kindle Unlimited, or I could actually purchase one of her ebooks. Or take one of the audiobooks on Spotify premium. Done!

Has anyone read her? Do you recommend her writing and story telling?
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

heartwood wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:48 am I'll post about an author I'm curious about. Freida McFadden

Today's NYT has a piece about her https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/22/book ... Position=8

What got my attention "Eleven years, 23 books and more than 6 million copies later, McFadden has become a seemingly permanent fixture on the best-seller list. She is currently the top-selling thriller writer in the United States, beating brand names like James Patterson, David Baldacci and John Grisham so far this year, according to Circana BookScan."

She has 3 books on Amazon's Most Sold Books of the Week June 30, 2024, Nos 1, 3, and 7, all with Housemaid in the titles.

Curiously my several libraries only have a few of her audio books, not a one of her (English language) ebooks. I googled "why no Freida McFadden ebooks". I got a link to an interview wherein she reports "My e-books are exclusive to Amazon, so they are never going to be available in the e-book library.

Yes, I can take a trial subscription to Kindle Unlimited, or I could actually purchase one of her ebooks. Or take one of the audiobooks on Spotify premium. Done!

They seem to be available from one of the libraries I have linked to Libby.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, by Timothy Egan.

Relatively short book (around 300 pages).

First half was more educational and enjoyable than the second half, which became a tad repetitive.

But overall a pretty good read.

I have no idea how anyone survived that mess.
Most experiences are better imagined.
yankees60

Post by yankees60 »

Random Poster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:00 pm The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, by Timothy Egan.

First half was more educational and enjoyable than the second half, which became a tad repetitive.

Certainly glad we live in these times and not those times !
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Random Poster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:00 pm The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl, by Timothy Egan.

Egan's other books are excellent as well. He does good research on events we often don't focus on. His latest one on the KKK is outstanding.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
tc101

Post by tc101 »

I'm rereading 1984. I first read it 50 years ago. Orwell wrote it shortly after WWII ended, based it on a nightmare vision of what the Nazi's had tried to do. It is the darkest, scariest thing I have ever read.

Along a similar lines I recently read "It can't happen here" by Sinclar Lewis. It was written after Hitler and Mussolini had gotten power but before WWII started. Lewis heard lots of people saying "It can't happen here". He tried to show how it could happen here. It is not as good a book as 1984, but it is worth reading.
. | The most important thing you should know about me is that I am not an expert.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

tc101 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:05 pm I'm rereading 1984. I first read it 50 years ago. Orwell wrote it shortly after WWII ended, based it on a nightmare vision of what the Nazi's had tried to do. It is the darkest, scariest thing I have ever read.

Along a similar lines I recently read "It can't happen here" by Sinclar Lewis. It was written after Hitler and Mussolini had gotten power but before WWII started. Lewis heard lots of people saying "It can't happen here". He tried to show how it could happen here. It is not as good a book as 1984, but it is worth reading.
I re-read 1984 every 3-4 years it seems.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

Started Capital by John Lanchester. A miniseries by the same name is on BritBox. It’s enjoyable so far.

Almost finished with three other books: Demon Copperhead, Fool Moon, and I, Robot.

The writing for Demon Copperhead is fantastic. But it’s a really depressing book that fictionally touches on Dopesick stuff. I recommend it even though it’s depressing.

Fool Moon is the second Dresden Files book. It’s not as good as the first. I’d skip it.

I, Robot is a bunch of short stories. Some are better than others. I recommend it.
JPM

Post by JPM »

Recently finished "Means of Ascent" relating the election chicanery that put Lyndon Johnson first in the US House of Representatives, then in 1948 into the US Senate. Having lived in Chicago until I was 27, I marveled at the boldness and chanciness of the Texas electioneering and the poor organization of it compared to the well organized, effective system I knew in 1960s-70s Chicago.

Am halfway through "The Bell Jar". Brilliantly written, terribly sad story. To give you an inkling if you haven't read it, among other things, it depicts the subjective experience of undergoing electroconvulsive treatment for depression in the 1950s when anesthesia was still primitive by ether.
yankees60

Post by yankees60 »

JPM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:49 am Recently finished "Means of Ascent" relating the election chicanery that put Lyndon Johnson first in the US House of Representatives, then in 1948 into the US Senate. Having lived in Chicago until I was 27, I marveled at the boldness and chanciness of the Texas electioneering and the poor organization of it compared to the well organized, effective system I knew in 1960s-70s Chicago.

Am halfway through "The Bell Jar". Brilliantly written, terribly sad story. To give you an inkling if you haven't read it, among other things, it depicts the subjective experience of undergoing electroconvulsive treatment for depression in the 1950s when anesthesia was still primitive by ether.
Was the 1st book a Robert caro book? If so, Read all about that election in that book and how it was stolen from coke Stevenson.

Is the second book a book from the 1960s? If so I think I saw it often but never knew what it was about.
?
Above provided by: Vinny, who always says: "I only regret that I have but one lap to give to my cats." AND "I'm a more-is-more person."
littlerfish

Post by littlerfish »

The Executioners, 1957, by John D. MacDonald.

Gripping thriller that inspired the movie "Cape Fear". Psychopath rapist Sam Cady is freed from Leavenworth and decides to stalk the family of Sam Bowden, the man who testified against him and sent him to prison. But Cady is careful to act in a way that doesn't allow the law to do anything about it. Superb slow building of tension. Some great character sketches, including the Irish setter, Marilyn, and a completely amoral private eye, Sievers. Considerably different from the 1962 movie. MacDonald was a skilled novelist and this book is very good.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

rockstar wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:27 pm
The writing for Demon Copperhead is fantastic. But it’s a really depressing book that fictionally touches on Dopesick stuff. I recommend it even though it’s depressing.
I seldom read fiction. My wife read Demon Cooperhead for her book club and recommended it to me. I think that’s the best fiction I’ve read in a couple of years.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
yankees60

Post by yankees60 »

littlerfish wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:21 pm The Executioners, 1957, by John D. MacDonald.

Gripping thriller that inspired the movie "Cape Fear". Psychopath rapist Sam Cady is freed from Leavenworth and decides to stalk the family of Sam Bowden, the man who testified against him and sent him to prison. But Cady is careful to act in a way that doesn't allow the law to do anything about it. Superb slow building of tension. Some great character sketches, including the Irish setter, Marilyn, and a completely amoral private eye, Sievers. Considerably different from the 1962 movie. MacDonald was a skilled novelist and this book is very good.
Recently saw the movie. Can't remember before now If I knew that it was based upon a book. Though I generally do not read fiction books This 1 could be 1 I'd read.
CarpeDiem22

Post by CarpeDiem22 »

jaqenhghar wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:35 pm The Quest for a Simple Life
Thank you for mentioning here. Finished it yesterday and found it to be a great little book.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

The Queens of Animation: The Untold Story of the Women Who Transformed the World of Disney and Made Cinematic History, by Nathalia Holt. Really interesting. Should be interesting to Disney fans just for the details of what was going on in the studio, much of which I'd read before but is in a new context.

For example, she makes a point of referring to movies in development as to know they were known internally, up until the point where the title is chosen, e.g. "the concert picture." I won't say you can't guess, but it is sort a "reveal" when you learn the name. Similarly, we know which movies were big hits and which were relative flops, but they didn't, and she puts you into the atmosphere of expectation.

I knew about the use of xerox copying, but I had never before seen a detail accounting of the catastrophic effect it had on the workforce, with an entire major department--"Ink and Paint"--which had also been one of the major employers of women at Disney--being decimated. It's a very literal example of people being thrown out of work by automation, and, of course, the usual ambiguity. These were good steady jobs for female artists. But they weren't particularly well-paid jobs, nor did they involve much creativity. But then again it would be absurd to suppose that after being let go from Disney they all ended up with better jobs as artists.
The company line was that people weren’t losing their jobs; they were merely being retrained as Xerox technicians. The reality was more painful. A small number worked with the machines, and some found their way into other departments, but many left altogether. Of the once vital crew of inkers, at one time totaling more than forty, just two members remained.
The book has a section of photographs at the back, but is missing what is really needed--it should really be a coffee-table book with reproductions of more of the art produced by the people involved. Some can be found online. Mary Blair, who is sort of the hero of the book, has something of a fan presence online, and actually I "knew" her style without knowing it; it's pretty simple, she was the designer of "It's a Small World After All."

Walt Disney himself comes off pretty well, all in all. One detail:
Walt was particularly concerned for artist Gyo Fujikawa, who had been born in California but whose parents were from Japan. In anticipation of the danger that could befall her, Gyo decided to transfer from the studio in Burbank to the company’s offices in New York City, where she could continue her work as an illustrator. Prejudice existed on the East Coast too, but at least there was no danger of internment. Gyo left, grateful for Walt’s consideration, but she was soon consumed with guilt when she learned that her parents had been sent to the Rohwer Relocation Center, an internment camp in Arkansas.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
FootballFan5548

Post by FootballFan5548 »

Currently reading:
"Taking London: Winston Churchill and the Fight to Save Civilization" - by Martin Dugard

https://www.amazon.com/Taking-London-Wi ... 0593473213

I've read a bunch of his "killing" series, killing patton, killing kennedy, killing englnand, killing crazy horse, with Bill O'Reilly.

I've also read some of his "taking" books, Taking Paris one of my favorites about WW2.

So far, so good on Taking London. It focuses on Winston Churchill in the leadup to the Battle of Britain, as well as focusing on 4 specific pilots who were fighting for the RAF. pretty good
soretired

Post by soretired »

littlerfish wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:21 pm The Executioners, 1957, by John D. MacDonald.

I've been searching for a book by him named the Executioners and can't find it. However, I did find the book called "Cape Fear"

Edit: just found the book on thriftbooks.com
Blues

Post by Blues »

soretired wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:08 pm

I've been searching for a book by him named the Executioners and can't find it. However, I did find the book called "Cape Fear"
"Cape Fear" was based upon the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Executioners-Joh ... B0007EOVOU
Chv396

Post by Chv396 »

“The Bogleheads’ Guide to Retirement Planning”
“Stay the Course” - My Portfolio (BND, VOO, VT, VXUS) Spouse’s Portfolio (VEA, VGSH, VOO)
Random Poster

Post by Random Poster »

JPM wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:49 am Recently finished "Means of Ascent" relating the election chicanery that put Lyndon Johnson first in the US House of Representatives, then in 1948 into the US Senate. Having lived in Chicago until I was 27, I marveled at the boldness and chanciness of the Texas electioneering and the poor organization of it compared to the well organized, effective system I knew in 1960s-70s Chicago.
Somewhat akin to the book about Johnson is Turning Point, by Jimmy Carter, which I just finished.

Synopsis: The former president's compelling account of his first political battle--a dramatic crossroads for his career and the future of American politics. Carter reveals how the famous one man, one vote Supreme Court ruling of 1962 set the stage for a battle that nearly strangled his early career, as the power brokers of southwestern Georgia tried to deny him his seat in the senate.

The book is short (maybe 200 pages), and although Carter goes really into the details at times about the Democratic machine politics in his region, it is worth a read if you are into his life, early electoral history, and regional southern politics of the 1960s.

And whatever you may think of Carter, I think it would be difficult to read the book and not think that he is a principled man who stands by what he believes.
Most experiences are better imagined.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

heartwood wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:48 am I'll post about an author I'm curious about. Freida McFadden

Update:

I did not like the audiobook I tried, Do Not Disturb ,but no reflection on McFadden. I tried listening during my walks and had a hard time with the narrator, but mainly with the pacing and just following the story. I've tried other audiobooks before with only marginal success.

Then, I did find and read an ebook copy of Freida McFadden's The Housemaid. She writes well and told a good story. Not highbrow, but recommended for entertainment. I'm on to the 2nd in that series, The Housemaid's Secret.
sandburg

Post by sandburg »

“Nothing Like it in the World” by Stephen Ambrose. It’s about building the Transcontinental Railroad.
Snowflake

Post by Snowflake »

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson. Started a couple days ago so not too far in, but very interesting to learn how deep sea diving works.
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow »

Started a couple of books that I'm really enjoying:

Death at La Fenice: A Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery by Donna Leon.
A slow burn police procedural featuring Commissario Brunetti in Venice. Descriptive, 'older' style detective mystery so far, and I really like the internal dialogue by Brunetti as he proceeds to investigate the case.

Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science by Richard Holmes.
So far, this book seems to be about the scientific revival occurring in the late 18th century. The current material is covering Joseph Banks during the first Cook journey to Tahiti. I find the book depressing in one way, in that back then was an age of excitement and hope in the scientific discoveries to bring about many benefits to human kind. Now, it seems, we are regressing back to some anti-science Medieval Dark Ages.
littlerfish

Post by littlerfish »

After the movie came out in 1962, the book was re-issued under the title "Cape Fear". But the book doesn't have Cape Fear in it, and in fact there's no houseboat in the book. The family, and the ending, are quite different in the movie and in the book.
soretired

Post by soretired »

littlerfish wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:20 am

After the movie came out in 1962, the book was re-issued under the title "Cape Fear". But the book doesn't have Cape Fear in it, and in fact there's no houseboat in the book. The family, and the ending, are quite different in the movie and in the book.
Did you prefer the book or the movie more?
littlerfish

Post by littlerfish »

soretired wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:27 pm
littlerfish wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:20 am
Did you prefer the book or the movie more?
They're really two different pieces of art -- it's not a movie of the book. Inspired by, I think is the way to put it. I liked them both in different ways.
planetmike

Post by planetmike »

I'm working my way through various "banned books" that I read or hear about in the news. Most are entirely innocuous (Where's Waldo?) but it has been informative. I'm current reading "Gabi, a girl in pieces" by Isabel Quintero. I can see it not as appropriate for elementary school, and maybe possibly middle school. High school it is very appropriate, and am finding it an interesting read.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

Artemis, by Andy Weir. Very entertaining, and I realized--for some reason I didn't immediately feel the same way about The Martian and Hail Mary--but I loved it because...

...it is science fiction.

I don't want to get into a debate about definitions and boundaries. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s, had subscriptions to Galaxy and The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction; John W. Campbell, Groff Conklin's anthologies, Asimov, Heinlein, Arthur C. Clarke. Those of you who love Ursula LeGuin or Frank Herbert or Harlan Ellison or Greg Bear, peace. You do you.

That said, Artemis is not a great novel. It's just entertainment (and in his afterword he says that's all he was trying for). And it has many flaws. I am not convinced that he got the woman's viewpoint right. Taken as a whole, the plot is... too, too much. Still, I found it very readable and enjoyable, and one of the things about the classic science-fiction I love is that it is mostly about ideas, situations, environments, and making you believe an imagined future. I haven't felt that a book really took me to a moon colony since Robert Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke.

P.S. If economics is a science, then it's economics-fiction too, as he makes a great point of claiming that he's worked out the economics of a self-sustaining moon colony, and has an appendix about it.
Last edited by nisiprius on Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
yankees60

Post by yankees60 »

Random Poster wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:33 pm
Somewhat akin to the book about Johnson is Turning Point, by Jimmy Carter, which I just finished.

Synopsis: The former president's compelling account of his first political battle--a dramatic crossroads for his career and the future of American politics. Carter reveals how the famous one man, one vote Supreme Court ruling of 1962 set the stage for a battle that nearly strangled his early career, as the power brokers of southwestern Georgia tried to deny him his seat in the senate.

The book is short (maybe 200 pages), and although Carter goes really into the details at times about the Democratic machine politics in his region, it is worth a read if you are into his life, early electoral history, and regional southern politics of the 1960s.

And whatever you may think of Carter, I think it would be difficult to read the book and not think that he is a principled man who stands by what he believes.
Seems like 1 that I would like reading.
CletusCaddy

Post by CletusCaddy »

The Code of Capital by Katharina Pistor

A great summer beach read that elucidates exactly where capital comes from
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

ReReading
"The Black Swan"
Nassim Taleb.

j🌺
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
yankees60

Post by yankees60 »

Sandtrap wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:42 am ReReading
"The Black Swan"
Nassim Taleb.

j🌺
A classic!
MP173

Post by MP173 »

Finished Tami Hoag's "The Bitter Season"...my first Hoag book in about 25 years. Enjoyed it.

Now reading Michael McDonald/Paul Reiser "What a Fool Believes"...McDonald's memoir of his days in the music biz. Currently in the book (1976) he is joining the Doobie Brothers as a full fledged member after touring with them and previously Steely Dan. One of the best voices in the industry, on hundreds of tracks as either the lead vocal or backup. He was everywhere in the late 70s early 80s (and beyond). He made a lot of bad decisions but must have made a few good ones later. Pretty good.

ed
westpac

Post by westpac »

the simple path to wealth by j collins. Revamped my savings. Now 80/20.
Still on Patrol.