Reimbursement for telehealth services versus providers offered based on where you live?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
MrWasabi65

Reimbursement for telehealth services versus providers offered based on where you live?

Post by MrWasabi65 »

Traditionally, I've used health care providers in my general locality that accept my health insurance. My insurer, like most?
maintains a list of providers in my area that accept their insurance.

However, I've noticed for some time now that many telehealth providers are advertising via TV ads or social media ads, even places like the Mayo Clinic, etc. Mostly for wellness, weight loss or mental health it seems.

Do you use telehealth providers ? is it totally out of pocket or do you receive any reimbursement from your insurer?
jebmke

Re: Reimbursement for telehealth services versus providers offered based on where you live?

Post by jebmke »

My regular providers use tele health and Medicare has covered it. They are nearby.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Silk McCue

Re: Reimbursement for telehealth services versus providers offered based on where you live?

Post by Silk McCue »

You should contact your insurer to find out which specific telehealth services are covered by your policy.

Cheers
DoubleDraw

Post by DoubleDraw »

Most of my doctor visits are ‘telehealth’ or more accurately ‘videohealth’ and they are billed the same as an in-person provider. There is no difference in billing for me. As poster above me stated just ask your insurance provider what is covered!

Cheers