Locked-out of Treasury Direct

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
RajaDada

Re: Locked-out of Treasury Direct

Post by RajaDada »

In December, I was trying to access TD but was not receiving verification emails (not in spam folder either). This went on for about a week. Eventually I gave up. I came back last week and it was working again. It is good to know that the phone support is robust. I tried emailing and did not get a response.

+1 for password managers and using the notes section. I use one called Dashlane. We have a family plan that allows me to share important passwords and notes with my wife in case she needs to access something without me. The downside of Dashlane is the price. KeePassXC is a "popular" free manager but requires some technical know how.
yile502733644

Post by yile502733644 »

May i know that if my account is locked but there is treasury notes in my account that i bought a while ago, will the notes still be valid and be paid off to my bank account at due date as usual?
mmmmbrisket wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:43 pm I had this issue just this past week. I called and got right through. I had to answer the security questions on the phone and they reviewed the answers afterward and pointed out my mistake. They unlocked my account right away and was able to log back in while still on the phone
rgs92

Post by rgs92 »

deleted.
Last edited by rgs92 on Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gjxj

Post by gjxj »

SethJane42 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:12 pm
Call_Me_Op wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:00 am Today, I was locked-out of my Treasury Direct account because I apparently did not answer a security question the exact same way I had originally entered it. Normally, I would not be too upset, but dealing with any government entity gets me very nervous. Can anyone give me a sense of what I am going to be up against in proving my identity to them?
a tip for the future: use the same word for all security questions
don't know if giving away your system is the best idea .. :wink:
TN_Boy

Post by TN_Boy »

gjxj wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:55 pm
SethJane42 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:12 pm
Call_Me_Op wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:00 am Today, I was locked-out of my Treasury Direct account because I apparently did not answer a security question the exact same way I had originally entered it. Normally, I would not be too upset, but dealing with any government entity gets me very nervous. Can anyone give me a sense of what I am going to be up against in proving my identity to them?
a tip for the future: use the same word for all security questions
don't know if giving away your system is the best idea .. :wink:
Better tip: use different non-real answers for all security questions (like, name of my first grade teacher was Germany .., thus even someone that knows you couldn't guess it) and store the answers in a password manager notes area.