Has anyone heard from Mr. Larimore?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Re: Has anyone heard from Mr. Larimore?

Post by nisiprius »

Taylor Larimore has been the lead-by-example model of how to conduct ones' self in an online forum. I can't seem to live up to the example he sets, but I try.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
RLH

Post by RLH »

nisiprius wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:57 am Taylor Larimore has been the lead-by-example model of how to conduct ones' self in an online forum. I can't seem to live up to the example he sets, but I try.
Au contraire, in addition to Taylor I think you're an exemplary presence on this forum. And I am sincerely very grateful for your voluminous and long-standing contributions (likewise for Taylor's contributions).
Taylor Larimore

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Dear Bogleheads:

Checking in:

I enjoy reading your posts which give me strength to endure my cancers (6 so far) and breathing difficulties. Despite the foregoing, with my walker, I am able to move around my condominium which has a balcony overlooking Biscayne Bay where I spent many happy hours.

I enjoy a pretty good life with little or no pain thanks to my partner, Taffy, my son Michael, my doctors, and a good team of round-the-clock nurses--and YOU.

Thank you and best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
sc9182

Post by sc9182 »

thanks for the update Mr. Larimore. Glad to hear good update !
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

nisiprius wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:57 am Taylor Larimore has been the lead-by-example model of how to conduct ones' self in an online forum. I can't seem to live up to the example he sets, but I try.
+10,000.

He is THE quintessential forum person...no doubt about it.

Glad he is getting along.
nedsaid

Post by nedsaid »

Good to hear from you Taylor. Many best wishes, Ned.
A fool and his money are good for business.
Normchad

Post by Normchad »

You and me both. What a wonderful person.
quattro73

Post by quattro73 »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:45 pm Dear Bogleheads:

Checking in:

I enjoy reading your posts which give me strength to endure my cancers (6 so far) and breathing difficulties. Despite the foregoing, with my walker, I am able to move around my condominium which has a balcony overlooking Biscayne Bay where I spent many happy hours.

I enjoy a pretty good life with little or no pain thanks to my partner, Taffy, my son Michael, my doctors, and a good team of round-the-clock nurses--and YOU.

Taylor
Best wishes to you. And thank you.
quattro73

Post by quattro73 »

You do pretty dang good.
Sandtrap
Location: Hawaii No Ka Oi - white sandy beaches, N. Arizona 1 mile high.

Post by Sandtrap »

Thank you, Taylor, for your mentorship and kindness over the years.
You have always been my guidepost for gentlemanly conduct, integrity, and contribution.

"Me Ke Aloha Pumehana o' Kupuna"
"Malama Pono"

jimmy kealani kai🌺
please excuse my rusty Hawaiian.
"kupuna" highly respected elder/teacher.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username »

Thank you, Taylor, both for the update and for everything you've done. Best wishes.
"What was true then is true now. Have a plan. Stick to it." -- XXXX, _Layer Cake_ | | I survived my first downturn and all I got was this signature line.
mhadden1

Post by mhadden1 »

Great to hear from you Taylor, bright pole star of the Bogleheads, always guiding us toward the Three Fund Portfolio. :beer
Retired 12/31/2015, age 58 years 77 days (but who's counting?)
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:45 pm I enjoy a pretty good life…..
It’s great to hear from you, Taylor.

Best wishes.
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
sadie wess

Post by sadie wess »

Thanks for keeping us informed, Taylor.

I was honored to meet you and shake your hand for all of your service, especially as a WW2 veteran. ( I attended Boglehead Conferences in Malvern), 8-) :)

You gave me some fun and excellent advice regarding sailing and trusting men as a single woman.

God Bless You always.

Sadie
oldzey

Post by oldzey »

God Bless You, Taylor!

Sincerely,
oldzey
"The broker said the stock was 'poised to move.' Silly me, I thought he meant up." ― Randy Thurman
Bogle1998

Post by Bogle1998 »

Taylor - thanks for updating us all – you have been an incredible boon to so many of us as well as an inspiring role model - Best Wishes !
ReadyOne

Post by ReadyOne »

My Papa was born in 1890 and lived until the 1980s. He outlived many. He used to quote this saying when he'd see them for what he suspected may be the last time:

"Is féidir linn scaradh inniu, a chara dhil, ach nuair a thabharfaidh cinniúint le chéile sinn arís, beidh an lúcháir i mo chroí níos gile ná grian maidine Éireannach."

"Though we part ways today, old friend, when fate brings us together once more, the joy in my heart will shine brighter than the sun on an Irish morning."
cudaman

Post by cudaman »

Taylor, I have not been here in a while but I saw this thread. You and Mel go all the way back (with me) to the M* Vanguard Diehards. I will never forget what you two did there and did for me. Be well, stay well, you are so much appreciated!!
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

cudaman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:54 pm Taylor, I have not been here in a while but I saw this thread. You and Mel go all the way back (with me) to the M* Vanguard Diehards. I will never forget what you two did there and did for me. Be well, stay well, you are so much appreciated!!
Good memories of those earlier days. It's hard to believe that Taylor and I have been at this for 26 years now (we started on the Vanguard Diehards back in 1998). It' 's been a great ride, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner to share the ride with than my very dear Paratrooper friend, Taylor.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Topic Author
AlwaysLearningMore

Post by AlwaysLearningMore »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:21 am
cudaman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:54 pm Taylor, I have not been here in a while but I saw this thread. You and Mel go all the way back (with me) to the M* Vanguard Diehards. I will never forget what you two did there and did for me. Be well, stay well, you are so much appreciated!!
Good memories of those earlier days. It's hard to believe that Taylor and I have been at this for 26 years now (we started on the Vanguard Diehards back in 1998). It' 's been a great ride, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner to share the ride with than my very dear Paratrooper friend, Taylor.
Those days on the old M* DH forum were so memorable. Each day after work I'd log in to read and learn. Mr. Larimore's posts (and yours, too) were "required reading." Changed the trajectory of my family's financial life. THANK YOU!

I did attend a BH conference and saw Taylor with his arm around your shoulder. What a friendship you must have. (And the opportunity to meet Mr. Bogle, hear him give a live talk, and chat with him while he signed my book -- that's a priceless memory.)
Retirement is best when you have a lot to live on, and a lot to live for. * None of what I post is investment advice.* | FIRE'd July 2023
Ben Mathew

Post by Ben Mathew »

Checking in:

Taylor
Thanks for checking in, Taylor. Your work has touched the lives of many people. Glad to hear that you have the support you need and are continuing to enjoy life. Wishing you the best in the days ahead.
Total Portfolio Allocation and Withdrawal (TPAW)
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

Checking in:

Taylor
It’s good to hear from you Mr. Larimore!
“…the expected profit required from a gamble increases not with the size of the risk, but rather with the size of the risk squared.” - Missing Billionaires
mur44

Post by mur44 »

Taylor, My wife and I met you in Miami some 10 years ago.
Thank you for spending time with us and you took us to your condo
to treat us to key lime pie, after lunch.

Wishing you the best.

Murty
Julieta7

Post by Julieta7 »

Taylor, I am so grateful for all your personal replies to my emails and reading your responses and posts. You have made a huge difference in my life. I was floundering as a single parent and trying to figure out how to invest and manage my finances. I heard of the Bogleheads and joined the forum, attended meetings in Minnesota, and read recommended books including those you wrote. I learned and applied the knowledge and received so much support from the Bogleheads, and you specifically, by reading the posts and sending private messages to various members. You were one of them who always replied right away and I consistently trusted your advice and followed it. Today I am in a good position financially, own my home and have no debt. My 2 fund lazy portfolio of Total US Stock Market and CDs has performed well, I followed your advice to Keep It Simple and it worked, and I hope other members on the forum will learn to appreciate your wise advice.

Know that you are deeply loved and appreciated here at the Bogleheads. So good to hear from you and know you are enjoying life and surrounded by people who love you. You deserve the very best Taylor.
The best tools available to us are shovels not scalpels | Keep it simple! | 60/40 portfolio. Total US Stock Index/CDs. SPIA in late 70s