Insurance Panda review?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
jks1985

Insurance Panda review?

Post by jks1985 »

Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience with using the insurancepanda.com car insurance comparison tool?

Basically, it's a site that "compares" insurance rates based on what coverage you need, where you live, etc. and then gives you rates from a bunch of different companies. The rate I got was great (much better than others)... but just wondering if anyone here has ever used it? Any horror stories before I bite the bullet?
NYCaviator

Re: Insurance Panda review?

Post by NYCaviator »

jks1985 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience with using the insurancepanda.com car insurance comparison tool?

Basically, it's a site that "compares" insurance rates based on what coverage you need, where you live, etc. and then gives you rates from a bunch of different companies. The rate I got was great (much better than others)... but just wondering if anyone here has ever used it? Any horror stories before I bite the bullet?
Rates are set with insurance based on your risk profile, location, etc. The only way rates are cheaper from one broker to another are if the coverages are different. I don't know about insurance panda, but a lot of similar sites tend to recommend bare bones coverage that looks cheap on paper. It's really important to compare apples to apples (deductibles, un/underinsured coverage, PIP, liability coverage, etc.)
Topic Author
jks1985

Re: Insurance Panda review?

Post by jks1985 »

thank you. yeah, it seems like you can get policies from the major insurance companies there, with slightly lower prices. That's why I was interested.