[On-going Scams - Post them here]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
roamingzebra

Re: [On-going Scams - Post them here]

Post by roamingzebra »

sport wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:41 pm I do have one concern however. When the bank sends the alerts, they include my account balance. Since email is not secure, I don't want my account balance to be available to anyone who might access the notice. When I complained about that, the response was "do you want to discontinue the alerts?". I hate banks!
I hate banks too.

I use POP with most of my emails so I delete the email from the server as soon as I read it. That gives me a little peace of mind.
dratkinson

Post by dratkinson »

Thanks, all. Guess I'll try setting bank alerts and see how it goes.
d.r.a., not dr.a. | I'm a novice investor; you are forewarned.
placeholder

Post by placeholder »

sport wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:41 pm I have been receiving bank alerts for a long time without any problems. I am not too concerned about money entering my account. However, if money is leaving the account, I want to know about that. I do have one concern however. When the bank sends the alerts, they include my account balance. Since email is not secure, I don't want my account balance to be available to anyone who might access the notice. When I complained about that, the response was "do you want to discontinue the alerts?". I hate banks!
None of mine do that just the amount in question either a bank or credit card transaction.