When brand names matter and when they don't

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
madbrain

Re: When brand names matter and when they don't

Post by madbrain »

Costco was closed for Easter Sunday, so I had to go to Wal-Mart. I tried the Tillamook chocolate. It is indeed very good. Not sure I would say it's better than my favorite Haagen-Dasz, but it is fine. If I dodnt grow up eating Haagen-Dasz in France, I might prefer it.
Last year, while in Vietnam, I found some Haagen-Dasz at a convenience store. It was priced ridiculously highx and I didnt buy it. But I noticed it was made in France. Apparently, the production for most of the world is made there except the US.
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

madbrain wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:34 pm Costco was closed for Easter Sunday, so I had to go to Wal-Mart. I tried the Tillamook chocolate. It is indeed very good. Not sure I would say it's better than my favorite Haagen-Dasz, but it is fine. If I dodnt grow up eating Haagen-Dasz in France, I might prefer it.
Last year, while in Vietnam, I found some Haagen-Dasz at a convenience store. It was priced ridiculously highx and I didnt buy it. But I noticed it was made in France. Apparently, the production for most of the world is made there except the US.
Had no idea it was different. My favorite Tillamook is their Mudslide. Basically chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate swirled throughout.
A time to EVALUATE your jitters: | viewtopic.php?p=1139732#p1139732
EnjoyIt

Post by EnjoyIt »

lazydavid wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:46 pm
ekid wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:09 pm Aye, I know what you mean. I once got the "seafood gumbo" in Louisiana truck-stop, not knowing what it is, quite. A driver from Minnesota asked me, horrified, "Are you going to eat that?!"

Louisiana Mudbug- I think they call it. Crab? In the soup.

I made a good try, and succeeded somewhat. Taste was super but shutting my eyes was not enough.

Cute waitress said "Just pick it up and suck it out!"

"You want me to suck WHAT?"
Crawfish--basically tiny lobsters--are often referred to as "mudbugs" because they live in the mud to stay cool. The traditional method of eating is summarized as "pinch the tail, suck the head", because then you get all the spicy juices from the boil. I never figured out a solid method to do it, so I just eat the tails. They're delicious enough on their own. :)
I love a good crawfish boil. I live in the south and usually while in season we will go out and get some 1-2 times a year. I definitely eat the tail but still can’t get into sucking the head. I tried it a couple of times. It’s good, but I just can’t do it.
A time to EVALUATE your jitters: | viewtopic.php?p=1139732#p1139732
BigDundee

Post by BigDundee »

We had a Low-Country Boil in Savannah-the Best!