I am looking for advice for my portfolio. My questions are at the bottom using the template in the wiki. I have posted a few questions there about specific aspects, but I think it is more helpful if the whole picture is shown. My goal is to continue having a financially secure lifestyle if there is a 5 year dip in the market, and if things go great, my kids and grandkids will have some pocket money.
Emergency funds: $0
Tax Filing Status: Married Filing Jointly
Tax Rate: 12% Federal, 5.75% State
State of Residence: VA
Desired Asset allocation: 75% stocks / 25% bonds
Desired International allocation: 0% of stocks
Portfolio Size - $1M
Code: Select all
401k: Total Stock Market Index (DJ Tot Stk Mkt Idx) (0.02%) 63.1% Fidelity Government Money Market (SPAXX) (0.00?) 6.8% Trad IRA: Southern & Western Annty Fund (5.35% 3 yrs, no-call) 14.9% Fidelity Select Semiconductors (FSELX) (0.69%) 1.2% Fidelity Select Technology (FSPTX) (0.7%) 1.2% Fidelity Large Cap Growth Idx (FSPGX) (0.035%) 0.8% Roth IRA: Vanguard Tot Stk Mkt ETF (VTI) (0.03%) 2.2% Fidelity Select Semiconductors (FSELX) (0.69%) 0.1% HSA: Fidelity Large Cap Growth Idx (FSPGX) (0.035%) 1.1% Fidelity 500 Idx (FXAIX) (0.015%) 1.1% Taxable Fidelity Zero Total Market (FZROX) (0.00%) 6.0% I-Bonds 1.5%
Available funds - Everything Fidelity has to offer.
My SS $29,000
Rental Income (Net) $5,400
Pension (No COLA $12,300
401k Withdrawals $24,000
1. How do I allocate my bonds vs stocks in Roth IRA vs Trad IRA? I think I have heard that I should have bonds the taxable accounts and stocks in non-taxable, that was my (hopefully) bigger gains are tax free. Is this correct?
2. To reduce my RMDs when I turn 73, I want to begin withdrawals from my taxable accounts now, keeping within the 12% tax bracket. Is this the correct approach?
3. I want to fund 529s for 3 grandkids (1,1 & 3yrs old). Would the withdrawals from #2 from above make sense to do this?
4. What other comments do people have about my portfolio? The non-401k investments are admittedly haphazard, there may be better ways to get tech exposure without those higher fees.
5. What questions should I be asking that I haven't?
6. Is there any value in putting any money into HSA/Roth IRA at this point?