Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author 8000m
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:38 am
by 8000m »
This may be old news to some, but I just saw that Etrade is offering ETF auto investing in a somewhat similar fashion to M1. Some items that stood out from my cursory review of their FAQ:
- I didn't see the launch date for the functionality, but they indicated it is 'new'
- 100 ETF's are eligible to be used, included are many popular low-ER/broad market funds from VG, shares, Schwab
- One can mix & match ETF's & Mutual Funds in the same automated plan
- They consolidate all orders of eligible ETF's for Tuesday execution & each person receives the same price
- Beyond the above poinst, I was underwhelmed by the disclosed execution details for the ETF purchases
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:04 pm
by buzzz_buzzz_buzzz »
This is encouraging -- hopefully others follow suit. Seems like the most sensible execution would be some sort of MOC order, no?
- Posts: 1325
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:14 am
by the_wiki »
Yeah it’s been around for a while. Just on specific high volume ETF.
Still easier to do mutual funds (which are all no fee at E*Trade now)