New FEHB Options for Annuitants Coming?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
tallguy3891

New FEHB Options for Annuitants Coming?

Post by tallguy3891 »

I read a couple of new articles over at govexec.com in the Pay and Benefits section. I believe the articles are stating that:

1. There might be special FEHB Part D plans offered in the future which could offer better Rx coverage in some instances than the regular FEHB Rx plans? Sounds like maybe FEHB will offer stand-alone Part D plans too? This could be nice because some of the FEHB embedded Rx plans seem to be, in my opinion, rather weak. That way, one could choose a better fitting FEHB plan and also enroll in an excellent stand-alone Part D plan. These FEHB Part D Rx plans supposedly will be better than the publicly offered Part D plans. In addition, due to the recently passed legislation, apparently Part D plan premiums cannot increase more than 6% per year through 2030, insulins capped at $35/mo (starting 2023), and an out of pocket Rx limit cap of $2000 per year (starting 2025) which could especially help those on expensive/Specialty meds. Maybe between the Part D plan and at least some regular FEHB Rx plans, the combo would cover Rx at 100%?

2. There might be more FEHB Medicare Advantage plans offered.

Interested if anyone has any comments on these two things.