Buyer not Wanting Signature Confirmation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Marseille07

Re: Buyer not Wanting Signature Confirmation

Post by Marseille07 »

bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:16 pm Kids, appointments, etc all have a distinct time window. UPS is 7 AM to 7 PM. It's the whole day. And, you better not be in the shower or in the bathroom when they show up.

I work from home full time. I had a case of wine sent to me as a gift from boss, and it took them three attempts to deliver when I was available to sign for it. And, I was home the whole time.
I work from home full time now too. I do concede that on one occasion a visitor said they rang the bell but I didn't hear. But I think I got everything within 2 attempts max never 3.
94% US & FM (5% seed) | 6% CCE
bwalling

Post by bwalling »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:21 pm
bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:16 pm Kids, appointments, etc all have a distinct time window. UPS is 7 AM to 7 PM. It's the whole day. And, you better not be in the shower or in the bathroom when they show up.

I work from home full time. I had a case of wine sent to me as a gift from boss, and it took them three attempts to deliver when I was available to sign for it. And, I was home the whole time.
I work from home full time now too. I do concede that on one occasion a visitor said they rang the bell but I didn't hear. But I think I got everything within 2 attempts max never 3.
I'm 99.9% certain one of the times, the driver didn't actually attempt. My dog doesn't miss the doorbell, even if I do.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

Digging into my memory, I did once buy a guitar that required a signature using FedEx. I do have a FedEx account and with that, I was able to divert delivery to be held at a specific FedEx office. The office was half way home from my office and I stopped in, showed ID and collected the guitar. Of course, this would require your receiver to be willing to sign up for a FedEx account (not hard but if I remember right, they want a credit card as you can get shipping discounts and print out the tag).

My son who lives with us and works an hour away actually took today off to receive a car trunk lid from Japan. FedEx and required a signature. They would not accept electronic signature on this even though my son has a FedEx account.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:55 am
ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:41 am I know right? My only answer is that some people on the board have been retired for so long they’ve forgotten there is a world of people out there going to work every single day
We don't know right. I've WFH in the morning or left early & WFH when I anticipate a package. I could also take a half day off if I must.

Look around and observe your co-workers. I'm sure they're doing something similar; picking up kids, dropping kids off, taking kids to sports activities etc etc are no different in this regard.
You are describing leaving work for an hour based on your needs (eg, picking up kids at 3:00, will be back by 4). Here, we don’t know when the delivery will occur, and sometimes even the date is subject to change — so it’s more likely that buyer needs to block off an entire day.

I suspect the jobs you’re familiar don’t require you to clock-in and -out, and where taking time off just means your work doesn’t get done. Hourly workers lose money if they skip work, or they have to lie to their employer. Many other jobs simply cannot be left unfilled by an absence (eg, school teacher, public safety or security employee, many healthcare roles, any job where you’re working solo) and requires finding and paying a substitute even for a few hours.
Last edited by Doctor Rhythm on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:23 pm I'm 99.9% certain one of the times, the driver didn't actually attempt. My dog doesn't miss the doorbell, even if I do.
I've had this happen too. I was right by the door all day, didn't hear a thing; they just posted a tag on my door saying I wasn't home.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:38 pm You are describing leaving work for an hour based on your needs (eg, picking up kids at 3:00, will be back by 4). Here, we don’t know when the delivery will occur, and sometimes even the date is subject to change — so it’s more likely that buyer needs to block off an entire day.

I suspect the jobs you’re familiar don’t require you to clock-in and -out, and where taking time off just means your work doesn’t get done. Hourly workers lose money if they skip work, or they have to lie to their employer. Many other jobs simply cannot be left unfilled by an absence (eg, school teacher, public safety or security employee, many healthcare roles, any job where you’re working solo) and requires finding and paying a substitute even for a few hours.
I mean...one would have to consider their receivability in terms of really wanting an item in the $750 category. If the job situation is so tight then maybe they can't receive the item. I don't like that they try to bend the seller's terms stated clearly upfront.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:47 pm
Doctor Rhythm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:38 pm You are describing leaving work for an hour based on your needs (eg, picking up kids at 3:00, will be back by 4). Here, we don’t know when the delivery will occur, and sometimes even the date is subject to change — so it’s more likely that buyer needs to block off an entire day.

I mean...one would have to consider their receivability in terms of really wanting an item in the $750 category. If the job situation is so tight then maybe they can't receive the item. I don't like that they try to bend the seller's terms stated clearly upfront.
I view eBay as different than buying an iPhone from the Apple Store. I can’t expect to get free AppleCare by haggling, but prices and terms on eBay are fluid, especially for the personal/private seller as opposed to a commercial retailer with an eBay store. “It’s just business” — it’s no worse for the buyer to request different terms than the seller refusing to change theirs. If enough money is at stake, someone will suddenly become flexible.
Last edited by Doctor Rhythm on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:16 pm
Kids, appointments, etc all have a distinct time window. UPS is 7 AM to 7 PM. It's the whole day. And, you better not be in the shower or in the bathroom when they show up.
Maybe it’s a regional thing, but where Iive, the UPS and FedEx trucks tend to come by roughly at the same time most days. And the UPS notifications have an estimated time window that is reasonably accurate. For today:

Your package is arriving tomorrow.
From (Merchant redacted)
Scheduled Delivery
Monday 01/23/2023
10:45 AM - 2:45 PM
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:59 pm I view eBay as different than buying an iPhone from the Apple Store. I can’t expect to get free AppleCare by haggling, but prices and terms on eBay are fluid, especially for the personal/private seller as opposed to a commercial retailer with an eBay store. “It’s just business” — it’s no worse for the buyer to request different terms than the seller refusing to change theirs. If enough money is at stake, someone will suddenly become flexible.
If you request different terms before winning the auction, I agree.

If you start negotiating *after* you've already won and it breaks down, you might end up getting flagged for non-payment (I don't know the exact term but basically you have to purchase the item after winning...and unable to change the seller's terms doesn't excuse your payment responsibility).
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

Gadget wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:45 am If I was a buyer, I'd find the question about if I'd be home to sign off putting, and I'd try to find a different seller. It seems like most of this board doesn't understand how hard it is to be a working person with a non teleworking job and be home to sign for packages.
Agree. Speaking as one who sold regularly on eBay for years from its founding until a few years ago when eBay made it impossible for sellers to protect themselves from dishonest buyers, I never asked a buyer to confirm that one or more terms of the sale was "acceptable." I'd post my terms of sale and if a qualified buyer won a bid, used BIN or placed an acceptable offer, I'd sell the item. I didn't ask them, "I don't accept returns, is that okay?" or "Is shipping to your Paypal confirmed address a problem?" I just sold the item.

And as someone who has bought regularly on ebay from its founding until now, I've never had a seller do the same. You place a bid or offer or use buy it now, you pay and you receive your item. Done. The idea that a seller would ask me to confirm that I am okay with the terms in the listing is just bizarre. And if a seller whose terms clearly stated signature was required asked me whether I would be around to sign for the delivery? I would either think they were going to waive that requirement if I said it was inconvenient or that they were a flake. If the former, I would appreciate their offering to make the transaction easier for me as a buyer, if the latter...I would consider it off-putting and would choose not to transact with that seller.

I might react differently in this case if the buyer reached out to the OP and proactively asked him to waive the requirement for a signature. That might justifiably raise suspicion in the minds of some sellers. But in this situation, it was the OP who initiated the unsolicited discussion with a prospective buyer about whether they'd be home to sign for the package. Whether a buyer would find that intrusive, off-putting, bizarre, paranoid, or completely reasonable, understandable and justified would depend upon that individual buyer. I know how I'd feel. :|
Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos »

galawdawg wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:30 am
DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:25 pm I am selling a higher priced item under $750 on eBay and my listing clearly states that item will ship with signature confirmation. I receive an offer and ask potential buyer if he/she has any questions and will be around for signature confirmation and they respond they don't want signature confirmation because they live in an apartment and aren't always around. Is this suspicious?
IMO, there is nothing suspicious about an otherwise well-qualified buyer who doesn't want the hassle and inconvenience associated with signature confirmation for an item under $750 where signature confirmation is not required by eBay.

In fact, as a buyer I would find it odd if a seller of such an item not only required signature confirmation but also specifically asked if I would be "around for signature confirmation." If the seller has clearly stated the terms of the listing and noted in the description that signature confirmation is required, then further inquiry essentially asking if I am home during the day would be off-putting. Personally I would not purchase from such a seller.

But it is your item, your selling terms and you bear the risk of fraud, loss or theft, so proceed however you choose. As I noted in an early thread where you inquired about selling on eBay, you bear one-hundred (100%) percent of the risk of fraud. All a buyer has to do is claim SNAD and eBay will refund their full payment (including shipping if buyer paid) and will debit your account for return shipping. For example, if you send them a pristine, working iPhone and they return a paperback book, eBay will do nothing to help you. You'll be out your iPhone, shipping fees both ways and your eBay fees. If this buyer intends to defraud you, signature confirmation isn't going to make a bit of difference whatsoever. It is irrelevant.

Do you not think it is reasonable for a higher priced item for a seller to verify if a potential buyer has reading comprehension by politely confirming if signature verification would be an obstacle? One doesn't have to be a police officer to be reasonably suspicious that such a response of not wanting signature confirmation raises a huge red flag of a potential problem.
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

DTalos wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm
DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:25 pm I am selling a higher priced item under $750 on eBay and my listing clearly states that item will ship with signature confirmation. I receive an offer and ask potential buyer if he/she has any questions and will be around for signature confirmation and they respond they don't want signature confirmation because they live in an apartment and aren't always around. Is this suspicious?
IMO, there is nothing suspicious about an otherwise well-qualified buyer who doesn't want the hassle and inconvenience associated with signature confirmation for an item under $750 where signature confirmation is not required by eBay.

In fact, as a buyer I would find it odd if a seller of such an item not only required signature confirmation but also specifically asked if I would be "around for signature confirmation." If the seller has clearly stated the terms of the listing and noted in the description that signature confirmation is required, then further inquiry essentially asking if I am home during the day would be off-putting. Personally I would not purchase from such a seller.

But it is your item, your selling terms and you bear the risk of fraud, loss or theft, so proceed however you choose. As I noted in an early thread where you inquired about selling on eBay, you bear one-hundred (100%) percent of the risk of fraud. All a buyer has to do is claim SNAD and eBay will refund their full payment (including shipping if buyer paid) and will debit your account for return shipping. For example, if you send them a pristine, working iPhone and they return a paperback book, eBay will do nothing to help you. You'll be out your iPhone, shipping fees both ways and your eBay fees. If this buyer intends to defraud you, signature confirmation isn't going to make a bit of difference whatsoever. It is irrelevant.

Do you not think it is reasonable for a higher priced item for a seller to verify if a potential buyer has reading comprehension by politely confirming if signature verification would be an obstacle? One doesn't have to be a police officer to be reasonably suspicious that such a response of not wanting signature confirmation raises a huge red flag of a potential problem.
No, I don't.
Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos »

galawdawg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:27 pm
Gadget wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:45 am If I was a buyer, I'd find the question about if I'd be home to sign off putting, and I'd try to find a different seller. It seems like most of this board doesn't understand how hard it is to be a working person with a non teleworking job and be home to sign for packages.
Agree. Speaking as one who sold regularly on eBay for years from its founding until a few years ago when eBay made it impossible for sellers to protect themselves from dishonest buyers, I never asked a buyer to confirm that one or more terms of the sale was "acceptable." I'd post my terms of sale and if a qualified buyer won a bid, used BIN or placed an acceptable offer, I'd sell the item. I didn't ask them, "I don't accept returns, is that okay?" or "Is shipping to your Paypal confirmed address a problem?" I just sold the item.

And as someone who has bought regularly on ebay from its founding until now, I've never had a seller do the same. You place a bid or offer or use buy it now, you pay and you receive your item. Done. The idea that a seller would ask me to confirm that I am okay with the terms in the listing is just bizarre. And if a seller whose terms clearly stated signature was required asked me whether I would be around to sign for the delivery? I would either think they were going to waive that requirement if I said it was inconvenient or that they were a flake. If the former, I would appreciate their offering to make the transaction easier for me as a buyer, if the latter...I would consider it off-putting and would choose not to transact with that seller.

I might react differently in this case if the buyer reached out to the OP and proactively asked him to waive the requirement for a signature. That might justifiably raise suspicion in the minds of some sellers. But in this situation, it was the OP who initiated the unsolicited discussion with a prospective buyer about whether they'd be home to sign for the package. Whether a buyer would find that intrusive, off-putting, bizarre, paranoid, or completely reasonable, understandable and justified would depend upon that individual buyer. I know how I'd feel. :|

Your post re-confirms why it is so important as a seller to protect yourself against potential scammers and those who do not clearly read a listing. I get questions about my listings from buyers in foreign countries when I clearly state in my listings that I do not ship outside the United States. This is why I asked the potential buyer about signature confirmation. Reading comprehension is clearly a problem for some buyers. If the buyer was truly interested in the item that required signature confirmation, why did the person make an offer when it was an issue for him/her? If the person was truly interested in the item, they could have a friend who has no problem with signature confirmation buy or make an offer.
Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos »

galawdawg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:31 pm
DTalos wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:29 pm

No, I don't.
Well I think it is reasonable. One again we disagree.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

DTalos wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:36 pm Your post re-confirms why it is so important as a seller to protect yourself against potential scammers and those who do not clearly read a listing. I get questions about my listings from buyers in foreign countries when I clearly state in my listings that I do not ship outside the United States. This is why I asked the potential buyer about signature confirmation. Reading comprehension is clearly a problem for some buyers. If the buyer was truly interested in the item that required signature confirmation, why did the person make an offer when it was an issue for him/her? If the person was truly interested in the item, they could have a friend who has no problem with signature confirmation buy or make an offer.
Don't worry about the naysayers. You're doing the right thing. The only person who can protect your item from scammers is you. This particular case may or may not be a scam, but caution is warranted. Find another buyer.
Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:41 pm
DTalos wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:36 pm Your post re-confirms why it is so important as a seller to protect yourself against potential scammers and those who do not clearly read a listing. I get questions about my listings from buyers in foreign countries when I clearly state in my listings that I do not ship outside the United States. This is why I asked the potential buyer about signature confirmation. Reading comprehension is clearly a problem for some buyers. If the buyer was truly interested in the item that required signature confirmation, why did the person make an offer when it was an issue for him/her? If the person was truly interested in the item, they could have a friend who has no problem with signature confirmation buy or make an offer.
Don't worry about the naysayers. You're doing the right thing. The only person who can protect your item from scammers is you. This particular case may or may not be a scam, but caution is warranted. Find another buyer.

Thank you. I suspect that if you were to ask a large sample of people who are either current or retired law enforcement, they would agree with my premise and find the potential buyer's behavior suspicious. In the end I decided not to accept the offer from the potential buyer. I am glad this thread garnered a lot of helpful and insightful comments.
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:55 am
ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:41 am I know right? My only answer is that some people on the board have been retired for so long they’ve forgotten there is a world of people out there going to work every single day
You don't know right. I've WFH in the morning or left early & WFH when I anticipate a package. I could also take a half day off if I must.

Look around and observe your co-workers. I'm sure they're doing something similar; picking up kids, dropping kids off, taking kids to sports activities etc etc are no different in this regard.
Sure. Some people can. Many can’t. But people on here find it “suspicious” that someone can’t just be at home all day on a whim.
“… the fact remains that buying a nominal bond ladder to defease future living expenses can prove disastrous.” - Bill Bernstein | | “…something unusual happens—usually.” - Nassim Taleb
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:09 pm Sure. Some people can. Many can’t. But people on here find it “suspicious” that someone can’t just be at home all day on a whim.
That's not what I find suspicious. The suspicion is that they might take your item without signature confirmation then later claim that they never received it, screwing the seller.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case here but caution is warranted.
bwalling

Post by bwalling »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:12 pm
ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:09 pm Sure. Some people can. Many can’t. But people on here find it “suspicious” that someone can’t just be at home all day on a whim.
That's not what I find suspicious. The suspicion is that they might take your item without signature confirmation then later claim that they never received it, screwing the seller.

Signature confirmation isn't going to save you. They'll just claim you put a brick in a box and sent it. If you get a scammer on the other end, you're screwed. eBay has no way to tell who is lying. I'd be tempted to make a video, inside the UPS Store, of the item in the box, and the box being closed up and labeled by the clerk.

But, I just take that as a sign to not do this at all. In person, cash transactions, in a public place.
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:12 pm

If the OP wants to insist on a signature, sure. Fine. Go for it. Just reinforces my previous opinion that eBay is more trouble than it’s worth.

What’s utterly bizarre to me is that people find it criminal-level suspicious that a normal person can’t just sit in their house all day waiting for a package.

Isn’t trust building the point of the reputations and reviews I’m eBay? I obviously don’t use it much
“… the fact remains that buying a nominal bond ladder to defease future living expenses can prove disastrous.” - Bill Bernstein | | “…something unusual happens—usually.” - Nassim Taleb
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:17 pm If the OP wants to insist on a signature, sure. Fine. Go for it. Just reinforces my previous opinion that eBay is more trouble than it’s worth.

What’s utterly bizarre to me is that people find it criminal-level suspicious that a normal person can’t just sit in their house all day waiting for a package.

Isn’t trust building the point of the reputations and reviews I’m eBay? I obviously don’t use it much
The level of suspicion is raised because it is an expensive item (under $750) and it's a known scam scheme. If this were a $15 item then the stakes would be much lower.

The reputation score is something the seller should look at. That said, there are bad actors with an immaculate record, only to start scamming all of a sudden. They will be banned of course, but there is no way to detect them in advance.
Last edited by Marseille07 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:16 pm Signature confirmation isn't going to save you. They'll just claim you put a brick in a box and sent it. If you get a scammer on the other end, you're screwed. eBay has no way to tell who is lying. I'd be tempted to make a video, inside the UPS Store, of the item in the box, and the box being closed up and labeled by the clerk.

But, I just take that as a sign to not do this at all. In person, cash transactions, in a public place.
Yeah, it's crazy how far some people go to scam. Hopefully the OP doesn't do this often and this is just a one-off.
Gardener

Post by Gardener »

I can totally see both view points from buyer and seller. Ultimately, it’s sellers item and sellers rules.

I work from home a lot but there are plenty of times I’m not home too and signing for packages is a real hassle.

If I were the seller and it was more of a niche item with fewer buyers, admittedly I could be swayed into selling to a buyer with good reviews.
Carguy85

Post by Carguy85 »

Not sure how signature confirmation is going to save you from getting scammed…all it does is hassle the buyer and give you a false sense of security. If they are going to try to cheat you, Im not following how a package that was signed for “but filled with a brick” is better for you than a package in which the tracking shows it was delivered but “wasn’t received”. I would think that if it’s stolen then that’s the buyers prob if your tracking shows it was delivered. In either scenario, you are out your money if it’s not to the likening of the buyer or if they decide to scam you. I’ve been selling personal items on eBay for nearly 20 years many many hundred of buy and sell transactions…never crossed my mind for a signature nor had I ever had to sign for a package off eBay. I’ve just flat out got lucky through the years on less than honest people except once. Thankfully it was only a $100 part. Given I don’t keep receipts on all personal items I bought, what I sell on eBay is now very limited in addition to exorbitant fees. Best part of eBay is the buyer feedback so you sort of know who you are dealing with.However, Facebook marketplace offers similar info.
Last edited by Carguy85 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
02nz

Post by 02nz »

mptfan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:56 am
Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:06 pm Unless you’re retired, work from home or have a really flexible job, have a stay-at-home partner, or are willing to give up a day’s wages, how are you going to sign? Maybe we live in different socioeconomic bubbles, but the majority of people I know have to be “at” work and can’t take a day off to wait for a package (whether for financial or ethical reasons).
I agree. And in most cases you don't know the exact date of delivery, you get a range of dates.
Once a package is in UPS or Fedex's possession, they always give you an estimated delivery date, and it's usually accurate. Outside of weather disruptions and the like, I would estimate that I get about 90-95% of deliveries on the original delivery date. With USPS I think it's a bit lower - maybe 80%.
Freeadvice

Post by Freeadvice »

I sold something on eBay for $700 (no returns) but the buyer changed his mind and returned it. I received it back damaged and eBay sided with the buyer and charged my Amex $700. I disputed the charge with AmEx and won the dispute and the charge was reversed.
flyingcows

Post by flyingcows »

Freeadvice wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:26 pm I sold something on eBay for $700 (no returns) but the buyer changed his mind and returned it. I received it back damaged and eBay sided with the buyer and charged my Amex $700. I disputed the charge with AmEx and won the dispute and the charge was reversed.
How long has it been? I would have assumed the debt would have been sent to collections in such a scenario, but I'm curious more than anything if a credit card can actually offer seller protection
This content is for entertainment purposes only
cheese_breath

Post by cheese_breath »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm .... Digging into my memory, I did once buy a guitar that required a signature using FedEx. I do have a FedEx account and with that, I was able to divert delivery to be held at a specific FedEx office. The office was half way home from my office and I stopped in, showed ID and collected the guitar...
I diverted a couple FedEx deliveries to the Tom Thumb grocery store near me a couple times, and picked them up from there later. But they weren't signature required, so I don't know if that would work for OP's issue or not.
The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past.
Freeadvice

Post by Freeadvice »

flyingcows wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 pm
Freeadvice wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:26 pm I sold something on eBay for $700 (no returns) but the buyer changed his mind and returned it. I received it back damaged and eBay sided with the buyer and charged my Amex $700. I disputed the charge with AmEx and won the dispute and the charge was reversed.
How long has it been? I would have assumed the debt would have been sent to collections in such a scenario, but I'm curious more than anything if a credit card can actually offer seller protection
Happened in November. They suspended the account and still have it as owed but as far as I’m concerned the credit card decision is binding. Let collections knock themselves out.