Fidelity requiring Chrome for Full View

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
radiowave

Fidelity requiring Chrome for Full View

Post by radiowave »

I am getting an error box from Fidelity when using MS Edge that I cannot not get into Full View and suggests I download Chrome browser. Has anyone encountered this? Everything has been working fine with Edge until recently.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page
mongstradamus

Re: Fidelity requiring Chrome for Full View

Post by mongstradamus »

radiowave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:31 pm I am getting an error box from Fidelity when using MS Edge that I cannot not get into Full View and suggests I download Chrome browser. Has anyone encountered this? Everything has been working fine with Edge until recently.
Fidelity is also requiring you to tun off cross site tracking on safari on iOS not too thrilled about that. Not sure if that’s related or not.
exodusNH

Post by exodusNH »

mongstradamus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:37 pm
radiowave wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:31 pm I am getting an error box from Fidelity when using MS Edge that I cannot not get into Full View and suggests I download Chrome browser. Has anyone encountered this? Everything has been working fine with Edge until recently.
Fidelity is also requiring you to tun off cross site tracking on safari on iOS not too thrilled about that. Not sure if that’s related or not.
Well, that's probably because parts of the site frame in third-party sites, like Vanguard does with the bond/CD screen.
mrmass

Post by mrmass »

Edge works on my computer.

Edge is chromium based.
squirrel1963

Post by squirrel1963 »

Thus far I haven't encountered Edge-specific issues with Fidelity, but in general it does give more compatibility issues than Chrome.
LMP | Liability Matching Portfolio | safe portfolio: TIPS ladder + I-bonds + Treasuries | risky portfolio: US stocks / US REIT / International stocks
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

I got Full View to work today.

I'm using Safari on my MacBookPro....I had to turn off "prevent cross-site tracking".

Everything worked OK after that.
KeepingEyesOpen

Post by KeepingEyesOpen »

On my Mac computer Full View will not work using Safari as the web browser. Firefox accesses Full View without problems.

As @bondsr4me suggested, the problem with Safari is probably due to the prevent cross-site tracking setting.
mudd

Post by mudd »

No issues with Firefox here
Swansea

Post by Swansea »

bondsr4me wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:38 am I got Full View to work today.

I'm using Safari on my MacBookPro....I had to turn off "prevent cross-site tracking".

I need to make Full View work on my Mac Air. Would you be willing to share the steps to make it work in Safari?
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

Swansea wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:30 pm

I need to make Full View work on my Mac Air. Would you be willing to share the steps to make it work in Safari?
pretty easy...open safari preferences...uncheck website tracking's prevent cross-site tracking..
worked for me.
Swansea

Post by Swansea »

bondsr4me wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:38 pm
Swansea wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:30 pm

pretty easy...open safari preferences...uncheck website tracking's prevent cross-site tracking..
worked for me.
Thank you, and yes, easy.