Thanksgiving

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
bradinsky

Thanksgiving

Post by bradinsky »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 🦃🦃
AnnetteLouisan

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by AnnetteLouisan »

Indeed, happy Thanksgiving to the Boglehead community, mods, administrators, board members and benefactors.
CRC_Volunteer

Post by CRC_Volunteer »

By the end of the day, I will be like the Alka-Seltzer commercial, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing...".

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
"Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (Inigo Montoya) | | 65/30/05 | 53% VTSAX | 12% VTIAX | 30% VAIPX | 5% CASH
Wings5

Post by Wings5 »

Happy Thanksgiving! Plenty to be thankful for, and one thing in particular is this great group of people.
“Spending money to show people how much money you have is the fastest way to have less money.” - Morgan Housel
homebuyer6426

Post by homebuyer6426 »

I give thanks to the wealth of knowledge available on this forum! And for friends and family in my life. Having a warm place to sleep, and good food! Have a great day everyone.
45% Total Stock Market | 52% Consumer Staples | 3% Short Term Reserves
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

Happy Thanksgiving approved.
goodenyou
Location: Skating to Where the Puck is Going to Be..or on the golf course

Post by goodenyou »

Happy Thanksgiving Y’all. Thanks to all BHs for their help and support.

Have a great day with all your family and friends!
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" | “At 50, everyone has the face he deserves”
bob2019

Post by bob2019 »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm feeling very fortunate these days! :-)
Topic Author
bradinsky

Post by bradinsky »

Wings5 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:09 am Happy Thanksgiving! Plenty to be thankful for, and one thing in particular is this great group of people.
+1000
grok87

Post by grok87 »

In before the lock.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

cheers,
grok
RIP Mr. Bogle.
StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 »

grok87 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:08 am In before the lock.

cheers,
grok
I was thinking the same, not actionable.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am off to work shortly, holidays are not so fun when you work retail. However, this is the path I chose and I am thankful for the healthy income.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

Happy Thanksgiving!

Probably more of a "Bogleheads Community" forum topic, or even "Personal Consumer Issues" topic... Not for the "Personal Finance" forum (unless you want to make it about how Thanksgiving is impacting your finances personally)
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
Carefreeap

Post by Carefreeap »

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have a lot to be thankful here. I appreciate the wisdom of the board and the helpful members of the community! :beer
Every day I can hike is a good day.
telecaster

Post by telecaster »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This is a great group and I'm thankful for the financial education it has provided me.

Bogle on y'all!
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I’m sure Thankful for all my Blessings!
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

StevieG72 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:14 am
grok87 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:08 am In before the lock.

cheers,
grok
I was thinking the same, not actionable.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am off to work shortly, holidays are not so fun when you work retail. However, this is the path I chose and I am thankful for the healthy income.
not making light of your work, but, my wife and I just spend 5 hours (1am -6am) in the Emergency Vet’s office.
Our chihuahua wasn’t feeling good at all; thank God it wasn’t pancreatitis.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link: Bogleheads® investment philosophy
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

It was a Thanksgiving thread just like this that started our adventures with Jack Bogle. I made a post on the old Morningstar forum, saying what I was thankful for and wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Others responded with holiday wishes and then Taylor posted that he was thankful for his wife and family and added that he was thankful for Jack Bogle and Vanguard. He called his beautiful condo that overlooks Biscayne Bay "The House that Jack Built".

Jack, who followed our forum, saw the post and send a handwritten note to Taylor. In that note, Jack asked if there was any interest in getting together with him "at a non-resort area". For us, that was like getting an invitation to the White House or an audience with the Pope. Taylor and I tried to figure out a way to take Jack up on his very generous offer.

So, when Jack was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the Miami Herald Making Money Seminar, Taylor and I decided to host what turned out to be the very first "Annual Bogleheads Conference" with Jack in Miami.

And, as they say, "The rest is history!".
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
Carefreeap

Post by Carefreeap »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:02 am Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It was a Thanksgiving thread just like this that started our adventures with Jack Bogle. I made a post on the old Morningstar forum, saying what I was thankful for and wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Others responded with holiday wishes and then Taylor posted that he was thankful for his wife and family and added that he was thankful for Jack Bogle and Vanguard. He called his beautiful condo that overlooks Biscayne Bay "The House that Jack Built".

Jack, who followed our forum, saw the post and send a handwritten note to Taylor. In that note, Jack asked if there was any interest in getting together with him "at a non-resort area". For us, that was like getting an invitation to the White House or an audience with the Pope. Taylor and I tried to figure out a way to take Jack up on his very generous offer.

So, when Jack was scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the Miami Herald Making Money Seminar, Taylor and I decided to host what turned out to be the very first "Annual Bogleheads Conference" with Jack in Miami.

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. :D
Every day I can hike is a good day.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

That truly must have been a Thanksgiving to remember!
Retired life insurance company financial executive who sincerely believes that ”It’s a GREAT day to be alive!”
InvestorHowie

Post by InvestorHowie »

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Bogleheads! Thankful for plenty and very much so for this community!
Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy. --John C. Bogle
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

It was a Thanksgiving thread just like this that started our adventures with Jack Bogle...
Mel's story is in the wiki: A Thanksgiving to Remember

🦃🦃🦃
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
CyclingDuo

Post by CyclingDuo »

bradinsky wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:47 am Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 🦃🦃
Yes, a big Happy Thanksgiving to all Bogleheads!

CyclingDuo
"Save like a pessimist, invest like an optimist." - Morgan Housel | "Pick a bushel, save a peck!" - Grandpa
ChaseD20

Post by ChaseD20 »

All, Happy Thanksgiving!!
Chase
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

I am thankful for the many blessings in my life including Bogleheads! Happy Thanksgiving!
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Stinky wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:17 am

That truly must have been a Thanksgiving to remember!
Indeed it was, Stinky!
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Bogleheads!

I hope you enjoyed plenty of food, family, and friends.

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
tennisplyr

Post by tennisplyr »

There's always something to be thankful for.
“Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” -Retired 13 years 😀