Problems with Intuit Site

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Problems with Intuit Site

Post by Leesbro63 »

I'm having problems with the Intuit site. I generally buy my tax software at Thanksgiving. I'm logged into my Intuit account, but I cannot find the 2022 products. In fact, I can't find the link to the sales page. Am I too early this year?
enad

Re: Problems with Intuit Site

Post by enad »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:54 am I'm having problems with the Intuit site. I generally buy my tax software at Thanksgiving. I'm logged into my Intuit account, but I cannot find the 2022 products. In fact, I can't find the link to the sales page. Am I too early this year?
Have you tried this link
What Goes Up Must come down -- David Clayton-Thomas (1968), BST
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

enad wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:29 am
Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:54 am I'm having problems with the Intuit site. I generally buy my tax software at Thanksgiving. I'm logged into my Intuit account, but I cannot find the 2022 products. In fact, I can't find the link to the sales page. Am I too early this year?
Have you tried this link
Nope. This doesn't work either. Takes me into a loop. No way to download and buy the software.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:34 am
Have you tried this link
Nope. This doesn't work either. Takes me into a loop. No way to download and buy the software.
Have you looked at Amazon or other retailers? Often the prices are better than direct.

edit: Ii was able to access the linked site with Brave browser without even un-blocking scripts. The issue appears to be on your end.
Last edited by jebmke on Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

jebmke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 am
Have you tried this link
Have you looked at Amazon or other retailers? Often the prices are better than direct.
I also need the business & trust software. Generally have to get that direct from Intuit.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:38 am
jebmke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 am
Have you tried this link
I also need the business & trust software. Generally have to get that direct from Intuit.
I didn't look at the details of the offerings. Could be that this is more advanced software that has not been released yet.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
fabdog

Post by fabdog »

Amazon appears to have that here:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Busines ... f9840&th=1

Mike
enad

Post by enad »

Have you tried this link
Try this one (but the same product is available for purchase disc or download on Amazon for $55 now)
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-ta ... deluxe.jsp

If you want to buy the software to see if you need to make changes this year, many of the forms are missing and you might be better off using last years with this years data to get an estimate
What Goes Up Must come down -- David Clayton-Thomas (1968), BST
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

enad wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:51 am If you want to buy the software to see if you need to make changes this year, many of the forms are missing and you might be better off using last years with this years data to get an estimate
I've been surprised how early things are being released this year. Software builders relying more and more on early users for testing.

With our TaxAide software, I don't even look at the current year until mid-December. Too many bugs and missing stuff. By the time you manually check the results, you might as well have done the return by hand.

I use HRB for personal return - normally, I wait until March updates (my rule of "3" for software).
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

fabdog wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:44 am

Mike
Your link to buying it on Amazon looks good. That being said, I like buying direct from Intuit, so I can download again later, if my computer dies etc and I have to file an amended return later. I like having all of my tax software purchases on file direct with Intuit.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:56 am

Mike
Your link to buying it on Amazon looks good. That being said, I like buying direct from Intuit, so I can download again later, if my computer dies etc and I have to file an amended return later. I like having all of my tax software purchases on file direct with Intuit.
I have access to my tax programs going back many years in Amazon's digital library.
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

jebmke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:57 am

Mike
I have access to my tax programs going back many years in Amazon's digital library.
I don't do Amazon digital library. I don't even know what it is!
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:57 am I don't do Amazon digital library. I don't even know what it is!
it isn't a thing. If I download software from Amazon, it is kept there forever in case I need to re-download. There is nothing to do. Of course, if you don't use Amazon at all, you would have to establish an account with them as you would with any vendor. I suspect Newegg, Bestbuy and others have the same features (permanent access to downloads).
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

Leesbro63 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:57 am
jebmke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:57 am

Mike
I don't do Amazon digital library. I don't even know what it is!
If you don't mind paying the premium to Intuit, it is there. The access problem appears to be on your end.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/
Topic Author
Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 »

The Amazon deal was too good to pass up so I bought it on Amazon and did the download. Thank you.