Custom shoe orthotics mishap - legal recourse?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
abs9986

Custom shoe orthotics mishap - legal recourse?

Post by abs9986 »

Hi all, I wanted to get your feedback on some issues that I am having with custom orthotics, and what options I have.

About a month ago I went to an orthotic provider and received custom foot orthotics to replace my old ones from several years ago. I wore them for about two weeks, but they were extremely uncomfortable and resulted in messing up my right foot pretty badly. Now I am having difficulty walking due to my foot not landing correctly even though I have now stopped wearing the orthotic. The provider is going to try to make me a new ones, but I am not convinced that they are competent and are going to fix the problem. I’m also concerned that my foot has only gotten a little better, and I haven’t worn the orthotics for a couple of weeks now.

Do I have any legal options? I’m not trying to be greedy I just think I probably need a little physical therapy to correct the issue and ideally the practice would pay for it instead of myself.
fabdog

Re: Custom shoe orthotics mishap - legal recourse?

Post by fabdog »

Have you asked them what they can do to help you recover? Perhaps their isn't a need for legal action just yet.

So far it sounds like they are re making the inserts, and I can understand your lack of faith in their ability to correct the previous issues. Ask them what changes they are making. Is this the first time you've used this supplier?

Mike
clip651

Post by clip651 »

Instead of legal action, seek a second opinion from a podiatrist or ask your GP who you should see for a second opinion. Feet are important, figure out what care you need rather than looking at legal options.
birb

Post by birb »

I'd do a lot more fact finding and give it (and the orthotic provider) a little more time before jumping into legal action. Meanwhile, plenty of PT exercises and the like to be found on YouTube - you could give some of the gentle exercises a try and see if it helps. When joints and muscles get angry, they can take a while to chill out.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread has run its course and is locked (legal question). See: Acceptable Topics and Subforum Guidelines
This is an investing and personal finance forum. We also maintain a subforum that allow our members to discuss consumer goods and services and recreational activities. Anything else is considered "Off Topic" and is not acceptable on this forum.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.